• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
I see some people are saying that BorN is no good. Could anyone please tell me what's wrong with it, such as something in BorN that are not originally part of the light novel? I have watched and own the first 3 seasons of High School DxD.

Second half of the anime is 100% different and it messes with future plot points.

The BD's come with a light novel that is split among all of them and tell a story that retcons the second half.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HighschoolDxD/comments/3eh08c/dxd_dx_has_retconned_born_to_match_it_with_the/

This has to do with Loki's first defeat that afterward was changed to original anime version?

spoiler[Btw, though already knew that Issei would have children at some point in the future, I was disappointed that he didn't have a child with Asia Argento. :/]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
DarkAbsol spoiler[but Issei did have a child with Asia? A daughter actually she's called Airi.]
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
kaynedenny5454 wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Oh great more garbage to get otakus excited......yay? Rolling Eyes
You stop being ignorant,it's just a show.stop ruining things for other people.people can like things others don't like

As long as I have the freedom of speech (a concept the mods of this site do not understand, seeing how they deleted my comment) I can say whatever I want whenever I want. If I think the show is trash then I'll say the show is trash. Don't like it? That's too bad. I never said people can't like other things now did I? Don't put words into my mouth dude. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
I think after 4 TV seasons, that is good enough for a harem. I don't read the LN and I can be kind of indifferent for it staying faithful to the LN. This is because I watch it for the fan service.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
kaynedenny5454 wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
You stop being ignorant,it's just a show.stop ruining things for other people.people can like things others don't like

As long as I have the freedom of speech (a concept the mods of this site do not understand, seeing how they deleted my comment) I can say whatever I want whenever I want. If I think the show is trash then I'll say the show is trash. Don't like it? That's too bad. I never said people can't like other things now did I? Don't put words into my mouth dude. Laughing

Unfortunately your freedom of speech doesnt stop you from being an inconsiderate killjoy and a jerk
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:

As long as I have the freedom of speech (a concept the mods of this site do not understand, seeing how they deleted my comment) I can say whatever I want whenever I want.

Many people don't understand the concept of freedom of speech. It is to prevent the government from suppressing speech.

Like it or not, ANN can be as arbitrary or not as they like in their own forums, the same way you can tell someone to either shut up or get out of your house if you don't like what they are saying.

In exercising my own speech, I'll state that I believe your own original comment was both unproductive and unnecessary.
Candidate of Origin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:14 am Reply with quote
Hope that this New season will be good, hated BoRN with such passion lol

Although I like DxD i'm getting tired to see harem anime, I mean the DxD world is interesting as fudge but the fanservice(and Issei's breast power ups) f**** up with it.

I would prefer 10x a Mondaiji second season, not disrespecting Ishibumi because he is one of my favorite authors but what he can't do in DxD Tatsunoko does extremely well in Mondaiji and that is making a badass protagonist, almost every character being likable(even the side characters), the world and fights more interesting, and the author's use of mythology is more creative(that's just my opinion), although I'll give to Ishibumi that his female characters are more...well endowed than Taro's lol, Still I hope that this New season can be enjoyable.

Last edited by Candidate of Origin on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think after 4 TV seasons, that is good enough for a harem. I don't read the LN and I can be kind of indifferent for it staying faithful to the LN. This is because I watch it for the fan service.

In this day and age it is a real milestone for a harem focused series to have this much seasons in its run. Not only that, this is the first harem series in modern times i have seen getting past the 50 ep mark. If u add all the episodes of the first 3 seasons plus the 4 ovas that is already 40 ep and with this one at least another cour that is 52ep.

I cannot remember the last time a harem/ecchi series got this much. does anybody know..cause most only get either 1 cour with an occasional 2 seasons but that is it.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
Well I can't say that I'm not surprised by this news however I am excited nonetheless I can't wait for more dxd. Very Happy
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
kaynedenny5454 wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

Unfortunately your freedom of speech doesnt stop you from being an inconsiderate killjoy and a jerk

Boo hoo, I had to come and ruin the mood. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my mouth shut and speak my mind /s. Like I said, don't like what I say? Too bad, it's not like I'm insulting others on this site.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

As long as I have the freedom of speech (a concept the mods of this site do not understand, seeing how they deleted my comment) I can say whatever I want whenever I want.

Many people don't understand the concept of freedom of speech. It is to prevent the government from suppressing speech.

Like it or not, ANN can be as arbitrary or not as they like in their own forums, the same way you can tell someone to either shut up or get out of your house if you don't like what they are saying.

In exercising my own speech, I'll state that I believe your own original comment was both unproductive and unnecessary.

And by preventing the government from suppressing speech, people ended up being able to freely voice their thoughts. Yeah, ANN can be as whimsical as they like because they just can't stand harsh negativity, which is why I'll continue saying what I want until ANN decides to ban me. Laughing Sure, and I bet the people commenting how excited they are for the series are so productive, why should I bother even commenting how much distaste I have for the show? /s It's not like I'm forcing my opinion, in exercising my own speech (again) I'll state others need to chill and not waste so much energy.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

And by preventing the government from suppressing speech, people ended up being able to freely voice their thoughts. Yeah, ANN can be as whimsical as they like because they just can't stand harsh negativity, which is why I'll continue saying what I want until ANN decides to ban me. Laughing Sure, and I bet the people commenting how excited they are for the series are so productive, why should I bother even commenting how much distaste I have for the show? /s It's not like I'm forcing my opinion, in exercising my own speech (again) I'll state others need to chill and not waste so much energy.

I see so you're one of THOSE guys. From the beginning it was a waste of time to even react to your negative trolling.

Ok people lets just leave the jerk alone and he'll go away
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Too bad, it's not like I'm insulting others on this site.

You seem to have a short memory. Your original statement:
Quote:

That's appears to be a clear insult to anyone that was excited by the news.

As the saying goes, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining".
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Ok the childish bickering over freedom of speech can stop now. For starters it is completely off topic. Secondly people should really get clear what that even means because it does not mean you can say whatever you want anywhere you want with no repercussions ever. Go tell your boss he's a fat, smelly, d-bag and then claim freedom of speech. See how well that works out for you. As it pertains to this site ANN is a private company and we have rules here. If you feel they are arbitrary, elitist, or whatever else because we don't allow people to act like rude insulting asses to each other here then ANN is obviously not for you. Try x-box live.

As for the other issue people are in fact allowed to not enjoy something or have a negative opinion here. Whether it's towards a show or a review. Provided they do not insult others directly/personally while expressing it. If they do insult others then you simply report them. You do not call them ignorant, troll them back, or generally act just as bad and cause more problems. Now how about everyone get back on topic, which is more boobs are coming to nobody's surprise, and play nicely.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear this anime is getting a new season. spoiler[I wonder if Issei will finally have his own familiar.]

If no one minds I need to say this because it's just too damn funny.

spoiler[Issei: "NOOOOOOOOOO! YUCKY SLIME! YOU COULD'VE BEEN MINE."]

Is everyone already used to Josh Grelle as the new voice of Issei Hyodo in the Funimation English Dub version? Or does anyone still kinda miss Scott Freeman?

I'm still waiting for news of To Love-Ru Darkness (my favorite comedy ecchi manga anime) to get a new season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5