• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Anime's 4th Season Revealed as 2-Part Film Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:52 am Reply with quote
Seishin Jinrou wrote:
It's ridiculous that they can't just [expletive] make a decent anime on a normal schedule; they sell enough plastic SM-themed crap to fund it, yet they keep us waiting for years and then produce it as an afterthought. The films should be over 2 hours each, but that is doubtful, they will probably cut stuff and Stars won't come out until 2025.

The manga was better then both the disgusting original anime and now, better then crystal.

Not to be rude, and If I'm to be blunt, almost everything you said is a reach. The reason the schedule is so erratic is because they keep changing things. And the reason they keep changing things is because people keep complaining. Seasons 1-2 people complained about the art and that it followed the manga too closely, they changed all that in season 3. People complained that it looked to much like the 90s anime (though this complaint I agreed with) and that the fights were anticlimactic, now they're scrapping full seasons entirely in favor of movies. Regarding your comment about Stars, I don't know why you'd think it won't come out til 2025 when there's like a 1 year period (2 at the most) between the series. And while I do agree that the manga is better than the original anime, it's severely far from being disgusting. Despite it's flaws, it's what popularized the series. Overall Crystal is a hit and miss: though it's a hit for me, it's a miss for others.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
One quick thing I just want to ask: does anyone else think that maybe it would be better if Studio Ghibli actually was in charge of the production of these 2 upcoming films or something? I mean sure, there'd have to be permission to get the rights and such but I feel more confident with Ghibli working with Sailor Moon material than modern day Toei Animation...

SailorNaruto wrote:

And the reason they keep changing things is because people keep complaining.

Not all of the people there were just complaining for the sake of doing that, they had good reasons as to why and some of them actually provided legit criticism.
Hiroyuki0487

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm Reply with quote
My main concern for the movies is that they may or may not come out at this point I'm enjoying the full series. What I would like to know is, if they are coming out his year 2019 what is the date I'm really looking forward to them. If they are not coming out are the gonna just let it go into the void and not let anyone know? Or will they at the very least let there fan base know they won't be coming out. My final concern is will they be available via Netflix/Hulu/etc... And other various video streaming services?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 pm Reply with quote
As far as we know, the only thing we know from Osabu and Chiaki Kon's US con visit from last year is they just started production on the movies and they have a release date window of one to two years. The voice actress for Sailor Mercury is currently studying abroad until the spring of this year so it's doubtful that they've started any voice acting work yet. I still hold out hope that it hasn't been cancelled because I don't think Toei would have gone out of their way to bring back a veteran character designer like Kazuko Tadano if they were just going to shelve it. If it comes out at all this year, I would imagine it coming out late in the year like in fall or even winter but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it till next year. If we make it through next year without any news, I think that's when can safely assume Sailor Moon Crystal has been cancelled.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:35 am Reply with quote
Locking necro thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4