• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Winter 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:50 am Reply with quote
OrdepNM wrote:
Quote:
Nicholas Dupree EX-ARM
I voted for nothing but Ex-Arm especially to get this result. I'm glad it paid off Smile
While I voted for a couple of others, as some know I was also an early booster for Nick and really look forward to him having fun with this. Forget insightful and fair analysis (would be wasted anyway), just channel TWIA...

For the others, I voted for Hidden Dungeon so glad to see Theron mention it will get some coverage at least. As for Redo, anyone paying attention already knows whether they would watch it and a review would only address a small handful of the legit curious who might get past the issues (of which I can't imagine there being many). There were so many choices, for me almost all came down to whether I might watch something based on more info from a review. Except EX-ARM. There, I just want to see what Nick says.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:56 am Reply with quote
Where can I find the Winter 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews poll graph? Curious how things broke out for those that didn't make the review.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Izanagi009 wrote:
Speaking of Redo, i'm surprised the big "controversial" show of the season didn't get daily reviews. I recall Cross ange, Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer got daily reviews

The difference-maker there is the community rating (CR). Despite being trashed by many of our reviewers, Shield Hero had a 4.5 CR and Goblin Slayer had a 3.9. CR. That rating wasn't published back at the time of Cross Ange, but the bar graph of Cross Ange's community votes had as many 5s as it did all other ratings combined, so the average was likely between 3.5 and 4. By comparison, Redo had a 2.7, which means even the majority of non-reviewer voters thought it was trash. Titles with a CR below 3 rarely get voted in for coverage, whereas non-sequel titles with a CR above 3.5 usually do.

Of course, there are outliers to this, and the biggest one ever is this season. EX-ARM currently has a CR below 1, which is, I believe by far, the low CR ever in a Preview Guide; even infamously bad titles like Hand Shakers and Chaos Dragon can't come close to that. The "watching the train wreck" principle could apply here, but I am convinced that Nick's highly entertaining preview also had a lot to do with that. Wink

TarsTarkas wrote:
Where can I find the Winter 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews poll graph? Curious how things broke out for those that didn't make the review.

Sorry, but that's never published. Only the editors are privy to those numbers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:49 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Sorry, but that's never published. Only the editors are privy to those numbers.[/quote]

That may be something to think about going forward though. Id certainly be curious to know the results.

HAL14 wrote:
Glad Kemono jihen got in, and very glad Rebecca will be reviewing it. Can't wait to see a breakdown of the yokai that appear.

That was my exact thought as well. Smile
Florete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:25 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
Lol survey already over and u made a post 1hr ago twitter that we can vote wtf is this BS.
GIVE people MORE TIME TO VOTE every season same shit tons of people missing out on it or get someone else to do ur twitter posts......

The survey was live for 48 hours, with multiple posts across both ANN twitter accounts, including one that specifically said the poll would close at 12pm Pacific on the 15th.

To be fair to them, there was a Twitter post (here) that went live hours after the results were published asking users to answer the (long-closed) survey. Not sure how that happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4