• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KONOSUBA - An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I rated this as Good. I didn't enjoy it as much as I assumed I was going to, but it definitely delivered on enough Konosuba-ness to keep me reasonably happy. But yeah, really jazzed for the next "real" season next year.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:00 am Reply with quote
It was nice to visit that oh so crazy world again. I really loved the village episodes and how those crazy girls got up to all sorts of antics. Dealing with the Axis cult was also pretty fun and set up a few things for the main series. The final bunch of episodes dragged a bit, but the last 1,5 episode gave some solid excitement/action too. It was a solid series and made me hyped for Konosuba 3.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:54 am Reply with quote
There was one way the spinoff needed to end, with her meeting with Kazuma and Aqua, and at least it did that. The village episodes were when the show was at its strongest, it was more of the delivery on exactly the Megumin environment that would work for a spinoff of one character. Although there was some charm to her run-ins with the Axis church, that touch of Aqua without Aqua herself.

My rating will also be Good (7).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4