• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Great Cleric (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:07 am Reply with quote
Well, that was a nice finale. Luciel saves a zombie dragon and institutes Obamacare+ across the land. Next up, freeing all the sealed holy dragons and single payer health care for all, including dental, hearing and eyewear! Smile

I loved his bug-eyed reaction to someone casually inviting him to the masochists' club. ⊙⊙ beats a spit-take any day for me.

There really wasn't a lot to this, very by the numbers every week, but Luciel is a charming lead you can't help rooting for, and I enjoyed spending time with him each week. Definitely on board if this gets a second season.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:25 am Reply with quote
I'd be up for a season 2 as well. The idea that all these corrupt and entitled healers would just accept socialized health care without some blowback seems doubtful, so there'd be plenty of opportunities for story development.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:11 am Reply with quote
There will probably be pushback, but considering the backing Luciel has they will not be able to do that much against him. As for the final episode itself, it gave a new quest for the future, a resolution to the dungeoneering and we saw that Luciel has made many friends and made a change in the world. The pacing of the series as a whole was questionable at times, but Luciel was a fun mc to have and it was one hell of a non generic adventure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4