• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Confirmed to End Next Wednesday in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is surprising though somewhat expected. I picked up the Inuyasha manga a couple months ago when I heard it was ending, and in true Takahashi-fashion it took that long for the fight with Naraku to end. I was a little bit disappointed with the outcome, but after eleven years in the making I guess it was decent. Rolling Eyes The way things are I was not expecting it to end in two more chapters, but we'll see what happens.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank god it's over, and about time too. I enjoyed it for the first 10-15 volumes or so, then it was getting very repetitive with all the Naraku fights. It's always Naraku coming up with some sinister plot, Inu Yasha fights him, he runs away, rinse, repeat.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha is a large manga investment. I don't even want to look for scanlations.

That's why I preferred watching the anime.

Though with the manga ending, I agree with everyone else with a continuation of the series as an anime as well. It doesn't seem impossible, and I won't be surprise if they managed to do it.

My friend is reading the scans now and telling me as she goes along, which I don't mind, so I know bits and pieces, but...

For the most part, my mind is just hoping for the anime to come out once more.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Kriffix wrote:
Hm yeah, some remastered Ranma would be nice. I much prefered the Ranma Manga to the Ranma anime though.
I see what you mean, this is likely her last work...but even just a few volume series of something that's more from her heart than Inuyasha was would be nice.
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

However, as for my favorite football series, Eyeshield 21, the series is on the final arc I belive.

Woah woah woah! The Manga's ending or the anime?!
The Manga is one of the best (and underated) series out there! i really hope it's not ending so soon! I'm kinda glad it's underated though since once it get's popular, the wishy-washy seagull-like fandom tends to ruin it! ;___;

The manga is on the final arc, I am not sure about the anime. That is all I can say without giving huge, story line spoliers away.

Inuyasha was my first anime, in essence my "gateway anime", but I enjoyed this series even after five years. Recently though, I've been lucky to be able to see several of Ranma 1/2 seasons.

I myself would like to see more of her work, but 40 years is a long time to be writing manga and anime.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I remember a few years ago reading the summary of the series and I remember that Rin spoiler[went to the underworld and Sesshumaru couldn't revive her with the sword because he'd already revived her with it once] So does Rin spoiler[die permanently or is she resurrected again? ]
eviltimes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't we have a freakin party?!?!
Dranxis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
I remember a few years ago reading the summary of the series and I remember that Rin spoiler[went to the underworld and Sesshumaru couldn't revive her with the sword because he'd already revived her with it once] So does Rin spoiler[die permanently or is she resurrected again? ]

spoiler[She was revived somehow, but I don't remember how Sesshoumaru did it. I think that Rin was only partially 'dead' in the first place , like being in the underworld made her go into a sleep-like state or something... My memory's probably off though Anime hyper]
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Here's another question, since I want the series spoiled just to know (as yet someone else who followed the anime dissapointingly >_>)

What happened to Kohaku? I remember when the show ended there was a shard in him and if it left his body, he died. And well, with the shikon no tama completed... something had to have happened to him.

Or, how about this to make it easier, since I'm sure there are others that are other lost in what's been going on, or are curious and never bothered looking it up: could someone make a breif list, or major things that went on between the show's end up until now in the manga? Perhaps that would paint a clear picture for everyone's questions. All I know is that
spoiler[ Kagura died... can't remember about Kanna... Hakodoshi died too... other chars came into the picture... Rin died and came back, shikon no tama is finished, Kikyou died,Naraku died confessing his love for Kikyou (so perhaps it's a lists of deaths, but hey, it's all I recall seeing from spoilers^^)]
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Well it's about time it ended -_-

Shall we count down the years to when One Piece, Naruto, and the like will end? >_>

At least Naruto has an evolving storyline, InuYasha never advanced because Naraku always came back to life. I gave up after the first twenty episodes.

It's about time it's ending officially in manga format now. It was too drawn out for it's own good.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see that Inuyasha is finnaly coming to an end(Manga), as for me,I never bothered to pay attention to the manga storyline after the train wreck disaster of the Anime version which did'nt get a proper ending,they never did killed that Bastard Naraku.

and they never did find the rest of those Shikan jewels.

I enjoyed the first season of Inuyasha alot,but than they started dragging the crap out of it during half way through season 2,and this could of had potential of possibly being better than Naruto,but what we get instead was a filler hell disaster worst than or just as bad as the Naruto Filler hell.
Redd the Sock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Man the pigs are flying high today. Inuyasha's one of those books I've read so long I can't bear to stop buying it, even though I really haven't enjoyed it for a couple of years now. I hate being a collector of habit. RT is a creator I respect for her character designs not her story writing ability. Looking back, Inuyasha wasn't even that good at the beginning, just a generic shard hurt with new characters every new arc while trying to find uses for the old ones.

Man, I honestly thought she'd take the end of this to her grave. What'll she do next. Smart moves are retire, get a job in game design where she can do what she does best, or get back into one of her more gag series like Ranma or Urusei Yatsura. I'd hate to think she'd try something new.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
i knew it was only a matter of time. it just started to drag on and on. also since the anime ended a while back it was on borrowed time.

i will miss it but i should do hope that they will finally resolve every issue. none of the anime ending crap where nothing happened and nothing was resolved.
herbkir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading this series in print and via scanlation for years and for the most part enjoyed every chapter. Okay, it did drag sometimes, like with the endless IY Tessaiga upgrades, but overall it has been one of the most engaging manga I've ever read.

This final battle against the Jewel was a powerful emotional event through every panel. Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that Inu and Kagome didn't kiss at 557's end but their faces and embraces spoke volumes about their love and support for each other.

I'm expecting a really good ending next week, on par with the excellence of RT's Maison Ikkoku ending. (Then I gotta go find me another manga or webcomic to dissect online.) (^_*)
Tigergal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is I love the anime except it did have a lot of fillers but still it was worth following from when it began on Adult Swim (even in spanish) so I kept watching without missing a single episode but now that the manga had a real ending I'm hoping the anime has a real ending too and of course that Adult Swim gets it.

Because I really want to know more about Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship, Sesshoumaru's and Rin's relationship, Kohaku and Sango's trouble with Naraku, Sango and Miroku's relationship, Kikyo and Inuyasha's relationship, oh and Miroku's wind tunnel Curse, and Kouga and Inuyasha's spats, lol I continued watching for all these reasons not for Naraku! or the sacred jewel!Laughing

I just hope the anime does not end on the last episode that Adult Swim showed with Inuyasha and Kagome inside the belly of the beast
that left me saying Thats It? Shocked
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is interesting news.

May I join my voice to the others wishing that Inu Yasha will get a decent ending, either by OVAs or another 26/52 episodes or so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6