• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: U.S. Presidential Candidate Cain Admits Quoting Pokémon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

You still are not addressing the fact that people here were not applauding Cain. If anything, they are happy about the Pokemon exposure, intended or not. You didn't even post a quote to illustrate your point before calling us all "stupid Americans", ----which makes me think you are just trolling.

(not that I personally disagree with you about Cain's politics....)

Do you have to be so sensitive that anytime anyone says anything negative about Americans, they are talking about you in particular? Also calling me a troll, you must have a really limited debate tool box if that's the first thing you go to.

Examples in this thread:

Quote:
Look, the guy has grandchildren. I think a pretty significant number of grandfathers out there have ended up taking their grandkids to Pokemon movies...

So honestly I find it kind of endearing. Especially since he's finally quit

Quote:
so the man has good taste.

i have no issue with this.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

You still are not addressing the fact that people here were not applauding Cain. If anything, they are happy about the Pokemon exposure, intended or not. You didn't even post a quote to illustrate your point before calling us all "stupid Americans", ----which makes me think you are just trolling.

Do you have to be so sensitive that anytime anyone says anything negative about Americans, they are talking about you in particular? Also calling me a troll, you must have a really limited debate tool box if that's the first thing you go to.

To be fair, the same thing can be said about any country, so it's not really the greatest thing to say. (Glass houses and whatnot)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Do you have to be so sensitive that anytime anyone says anything negative about Americans, they are talking about you in particular?

Lol, are you shitting me dude? You specifically opened by saying "Are anime fans just stupid?" And now you're gonna flail around and try to play the "I wasn't talking about you guys in particular" card? Rolling Eyes
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
As a poet once said, "I are in your bases, stealing your votes".

{sniff} That poem always brings a tear to my eye.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
J-Syxx wrote:
Do you have to be so sensitive that anytime anyone says anything negative about Americans, they are talking about you in particular?

Lol, are you shitting me dude? You specifically opened by saying "Are anime fans just stupid?" And now you're gonna flail around and try to play the "I wasn't talking about you guys in particular" card? Rolling Eyes

I was referring to the Americans that supported Cain mostly or took him seriously, but ok. But sure if you want to think I was trashing all anime fans go ahead. Maybe I should talk some trash about Canadians, and how they don't have the freedom of speech and have sent people to jail for manga. That's one thing America has over your country for sure.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
Lol. You're not very good at this. You're not going to make anyone mad if you just admit that you're a troll. Laughing
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Nah, not sensitive at all. And as for calling you a troll, I'm only stating the obvious. "Debate toolbox"? Seriously? What use is a hammer on a doorknob. LOL.

J-Syxx wrote:
Examples in this thread:

Quote:
Look, the guy has grandchildren. I think a pretty significant number of grandfathers out there have ended up taking their grandkids to Pokemon movies...

Quote:

These examples are inconclusive as belonging to Cain supporters. Try again. Rolling Eyes
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
At least he didn't use something from the first movie. Hoo boy, that would have been embarrassing!

"I'll take a state. And eat it!"

"I mustn't run in May!"

"Jiggly...puff..." okay, I'm bored.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Examples in this thread:

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone was just playing around, dude. You obviously can't even tell when people are serious or not. And no she wasn't being 'sensitive'. Why would you say "stupid American's" on this post without talking about everyone here in particular? Everyone was having a good laugh. YOU'RE the one who's too sensitive.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nah, not sensitive at all. And as for calling you a troll, I'm only stating the obvious. "Debate toolbox"? Seriously? What use is a hammer on a doorknob. LOL.

You can't debate anything. I've really never seen you do it at this forum. And the regulars in this place are always crying "troll!" anytime anyone rocks the boat here with an opinion that doesn't fit in with their own. Pretty much the hallmark of a crappy forum that is dwindling in popularity.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Let's try and keep this to the topic of Cain quoting Pokemon. It's becoming a bit too generally political and people are getting fired up in general. Also, let's keep in mind that simply having a different opinion than the perceived majority does not make one a troll, and if you feel someone is a troll then report them as such instead of name-calling and twisting the thread down another road.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Lets drive this thread back on topic once again...

Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence: What about his special attacks? Such as off the wall phrases that more often than not are quite comedic?

Or what about his pizza power? Since there is Pika power, than naturally there must be pizza power.

There actually is a song that (politely) mentions a presidents name, but due to the some of the language in several parts of this song, I am going to post it. But I will say it's from youtube and the author is Brentalfloss.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Sunday Silence: What about his special attacks? Such as off the wall phrases that more often than not are quite comedic?

I'd go for the traditional "Cain used HARDEN" joke, but then again.....
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I'd go for the traditional "Cain used HARDEN" joke, but then again.....

I'll be frank, because of this instance that joke was hilarious, but otherwise, it's slowly becoming a tired joke much like the Comcast jokes and Microsoft Cloud jokes.

Hilarious at one point, but like the Rick Roll joke, eventually it's no longer funny and more annoying than anything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5