• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misschidori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
misschidori wrote:
Hey everyone! This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone knows which anime I'm talking about...

Awhile back I watched the first episode what I'm sure is a fairly well-known anime (it was on Netflix)...but I don't remember the title at all...

Possibly Tales from Earthsea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_Earthsea_(film)

That's it, hyojodoji! Thanks so much for the help! Google is quite elusive with anime...haha. Smile
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Not really anime related but what's with the japanese and red duct tape in horror. I've seen like five different things with them using it to ward stuff off (mostly ghosts) Is there something to that or is it some random thing that keeps popping up?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Not really anime related but what's with the japanese and red duct tape in horror. I've seen like five different things with them using it to ward stuff off (mostly ghosts) Is there something to that or is it some random thing that keeps popping up?

You mean ofuda?

Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

You mean ofuda?

No, duct tape, the stuff you can get down at home depot. They used it in pulse (japanese and american versions) and a bunch of other horror movies and tv.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
No, duct tape, the stuff you can get down at home depot. They used it in pulse (japanese and american versions) and a bunch of other horror movies and tv.

Oh, I see. According to a posting on a Kairo (Rel. as Pulse in the USA) thread of 2ch, in the novel version of Kairo, the director Kurosawa Kiyoshi said there was an urban legend that a ghost would appear in a room sealed with red tape.

Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'm stumped here. I have a vague recollection of the plot of... something. Don't remember if it's anime/manga/live action, Japanese/American, or what. I'm leaning toward Japanese, just because there was takoyaki (I think) in it.

I want to say it took place in modern-ish times, and the hero (male, I believe) was fairly naive, but street smart. He met someone who was completely sheltered, and knew nothing about the "outside" world. I want to say he was a prince or something, but he was also with the villains (the hero didn't know this).

The hero showed the prince a bunch of stuff, and had him try "common" stuff (like snacks and stuff), and the prince got obsessed with them. At one point, the hero promises to share takoyaki with the prince, but then the final battle comes, and the prince is killed (since he was a villain), and the hero was upset that he never got to share takoyaki with him.

No clue when I would've seen/read/whatever this, but it's been bugging me for about a week now.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Okay, I'm stumped here. I have a vague recollection of the plot of... something. Don't remember if it's anime/manga/live action, Japanese/American, or what. I'm leaning toward Japanese, just because there was takoyaki (I think) in it.

I want to say it took place in modern-ish times, and the hero (male, I believe) was fairly naive, but street smart. He met someone who was completely sheltered, and knew nothing about the "outside" world. I want to say he was a prince or something, but he was also with the villains (the hero didn't know this).

The hero showed the prince a bunch of stuff, and had him try "common" stuff (like snacks and stuff), and the prince got obsessed with them. At one point, the hero promises to share takoyaki with the prince, but then the final battle comes, and the prince is killed (since he was a villain), and the hero was upset that he never got to share takoyaki with him.

No clue when I would've seen/read/whatever this, but it's been bugging me for about a week now.

Possibly Kamen Rider W, wherespoiler[Philip lost his memory, didn't know about takoyaki, studied it and ceased to exist]?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_W

Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote
*glances at her other window, where she and her KRW avatar are commenting on KRW-related threads*

Definitely not Double. I think I have that series memorized.

Although that does remind me to bring my DoubleDriver and Fang with me to the Toku club meeting on Friday...
manicli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone identify the anime from which this vampiric looking girl is from?

http://i.imgur.com/AJJ0C.png
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
That is Utau Hoshina from Shugo Chara!
manicli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
That is Utau Hoshina from Shugo Chara!

Thankyou very much for telling me Very Happy
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Oh, I see. According to a posting on a Kairo (Rel. as Pulse in the USA) thread of 2ch, in the novel version of Kairo, the director Kurosawa Kiyoshi said there was an urban legend that a ghost would appear in a room sealed with red tape.

Thanks, they use it differently in the others so it must of changed with each thing. (even the american version if I remember correctly)
Maybe it had to do with the Red room urban legend.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote

...What is that from?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
The bigger question is ... why do you wanna know? Wink
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
Uh, can you see that picture? It's a little girl with a horse head and a boner, how can you not be curious?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 396 of 569