• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Jetstream Video-Streaming Service Shuts Down

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

As do I. It's rather embarassing to see content like that on a station that once had several great shows. After Bleach concludes, I wonder if there will be any other shows to watch?

With all due respect, Aqua Teen Hunger Force was one of the founding shows of [adult swim] that helped make it what it is today. Both it and Squidbillies have plenty of fans out there, and I count myself among them. [as] has always been at its best when it manages to program a great mix of anime and original comedies...unfortunately, we haven't seen too many prime examples of the former in some time.
Hotaru99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:
It would be nice if we'll ever get Animax one day (62 countries and counting).

Yeah, that would be awesome.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:
Hotaru99 wrote:
You know some people actually do like those shows and would be just as upset to see them go as everyone is to see whats happening to the anime. I wish there was a mainstream cable channel all about Anime and I wish there were more shown but its a bit hypocritical to vent by wishing whats happening to you would happen to someone else.

It would be nice if we'll ever get Animax one day (62 countries and counting).
No, I dont' want Animax, Sony have shown themselves time and again to be completley incompetent in releaseing anything of value that requires more than one release.

Where the hell is my Uncut Astroboy 2k3 and where's the rest of Cyborg 009.

Also, screw them for broadcasting in the UK but not airing in the UK.
GaryPotter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 am Reply with quote
I know for a fact that we will be getting Animax here in the states at some time. I've talked with the webmaster of the Animax India forums. He said the hold up is that Sony wants to launch its sister channels AXN and Sony TV at the same time. The problem is that many of AXN's staple shows are all held by different channels, so they have to wait until they can get a hold of them. But make no mistake, we will be getting it at some point in the next few years.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
GaryPotter wrote:
I know for a fact that we will be getting Animax here in the states at some time. I've talked with the webmaster of the Animax India forums. He said the hold up is that Sony wants to launch its sister channels AXN and Sony TV at the same time. The problem is that many of AXN's staple shows are all held by different channels, so they have to wait until they can get a hold of them. But make no mistake, we will be getting it at some point in the next few years.

I felt that would be the case with Animax coming here if the rights to certain shows are still in control with other networks/distributors for the time being. Noticed one comment about their DVD releases and it's really sad they can't do it right at all. If anything, just getting the channel would be fine with me if we can't get one off the ground ourselves.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
ahh man...I was looking forward to the next Blue Dragon episode (episode 41 dubbed) but I wonder if Viz will air these but on another streaming website. Maybe Hulu, I don't know.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Quote:
First off, I don't think this has anything to do with Cartoon Network hating anime, it's for the most part because of the bad economy.

You keep tellin' yourself that. *patpat*

I'd be inclined to agree since CN and AS have been steadily decreasing Anime since before things went south economically. These moves that put Anime at 4 AM and only pick up a handful of new shows have been part of a trend that precedes the current situation. Now it's just an added excuse.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
tsukikage wrote:
To those who are complaining about how much Cartoon Network hates anime, etc., I'm sure they shut Jetstream down because it wasn't bringing in enough profit. It's not really their fault, especially in this economy.

Exacely.This recession is affecting everything wether we like it or not,even the industry isn't fullproof.And those annoying fansubs and illegal streaming sites didn't help at all.

At least it was fun while it lasted.Just hope it gets better before it gets worse otherwise it'll be a rough year for the US industry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
viz really needs to stop going to cartoonetwork for their shows because the'll just get screwed over.
yeah I know. its a shame really
NExclusive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
first toonami and now jetstream,what a shame..cn has really gone downhill in terms of anime selection,i'm pretty pissed about how they stopped airing hikaru no go 3 eps before the end also Mad ..does anybody know where i can catch the last 3 eps dubbed? i'm not opposed to subs but after watching the first 72 dubbed i'd rather keep it consistent to the end.. Confused
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the Blue Dragon dub will come back eventually. I mean there is 11 episodes left for season 1 and they can't just stop right there. I remember when Zatch Bell was stopped for awhile then came back a year or so later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5