• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Haruhi TV Run's 8th Episode Listed as New Episode

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote
There's actually another one with Kyon and Koizumi combined, as well.

And Blood, you didn't have to be so rude about it. Considering Haruhi's my favorite anime series, I'm glad you still like it despite your hatred towards Kyon. I'm always glad when I see someone that likes Haruhi! (Or if I can get someone to see it for the first time and end up liking it.)
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
But no Kyon narrating means less Tomokazu Sugita and then less Crispin Freeman. Those are both bad things.

Either way I'm leaning toward this being real at this point. If it is I'm wondering about a new theme song. Maybe sung by all three girls this time?
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I concur! Tomokazu Sugita and Crispin Freeman are both awesome!

Bouken Desho Desho? was sung by just Aya Hirano. Hare Hare Yukai was sung by all three. And the latter is more widely considered as the "theme song" so I'm not sure what you mean.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Hamsterpuff wrote:
So... if they actually put the new episodes in between the old ones, does that mean we'll have to rebuy all of season 1 once the dvds come out?

This question came up when news first broke that the current airing would be 28 episodes, and it was speculated that they would do a boxset for just the new content. There's no good reason to expect that the only boxset will be an updated all-inclusive one.
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the source code for the sosbrigade.com page, I think it's on for real.

Quote:
<!-- エラー発生......涼宮ハルヒが見つかりません -->
<SOS>
<!-- 緊急脱出プログラム準備中 -->

spoiler[Something about a missing Haruhi, the SOS Brigade not in existence, and an emergency escape program in preparation...] Oh Kadokawa, why do you troll us so...

Edit: For some reason, the middle part of the message isn't showing... Hmm...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But no Kyon narrating means less Tomokazu Sugita and then less Crispin Freeman. Those are both bad things.

I can't speak about Tomokazu Sugita because I haven't listened to the Japanese original yet. I have heard only two Freeman dubs so far: his Haji in Blood+, which I had no problem with, and Kyon. His Kyon drove me nuts. Hearing a billion snide asides in that monotone voice just drove me crazy.

I understand this is a minority opinion. In fact, I seem to be the only poster to ever voice this. If I ever met somebody else who shared this view, I would probably be forced to marry him or her.
strahl

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote
just fansub all the non fansubbed episodes with an (S2) on the side, so we know which ones are'nt fansubbed initially Very Happy
Aeria

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:
Looking at the source code for the sosbrigade.com page, I think it's on for real.

Quote:
<SOS>
<!-- 緊急脱出プログラム準備中 -->

spoiler[Something about a missing Haruhi, the SOS Brigade not in existence, and an emergency escape program in preparation...] Oh Kadokawa, why do you troll us so...

I'm not getting anything on sosbrigade.com's source code (nothing interesting) so I assume you mean haruhi.tv? I don't understand moonspeak, but there was defintely text there that I didn't understand, so.

If it's on sosbrigade.com, it's most likely irrelevant/old. I think that's a fan site, actually. haruhi.tv, however...
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:

Here we go:
Quote:
<!-- SOS団が存在していません -->
<!-- 緊急脱出プログラム準備中 -->

It helps to disable HTML in posts when quoting HTML code.

And because I can't be bothered doing better than a Google translation right now...

Quote:
Can not find the error ...... Haruhi Suzumiya
The SOS does not exist
Emergency escape in preparation program
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It says...

Error occurence.......Haruhi Suzumiya cannot be found
SOS Brigade is not in existence
Emergency Escape Program in preparation

Edit: So yeah, unless you have read the fourth light novel, you probably won't know what exactly they are referencing...
Hato-kun

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
Perfect Chaos wrote:
It says...

Error occurence.......Haruhi Suzumiya cannot be found
SOS Brigade is not in existence
Emergency Escape Program in preparation

Edit: So yeah, unless you have read the fourth light novel, you probably won't know what exactly they are referencing...

This shit is for real.
Aeria

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
...You guys do realize http://www.sosbrigade.com is a fansite, right?

haruhi.tv is the only one you want to pay attention to, and occasionally, the official north american site. Anything else is old/irrelevant. (read: trolling) It's been a 404 page since the tenth, according to google cache.
megas88

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
Perfect Chaos wrote:
There's actually another one with Kyon and Koizumi combined, as well.

And Blood, you didn't have to be so rude about it. Considering Haruhi's my favorite anime series, I'm glad you still like it despite your hatred towards Kyon. I'm always glad when I see someone that likes Haruhi! (Or if I can get someone to see it for the first time and end up liking it.)

I agree. I just got my friend into Haruhi and he was blown away by it ^^. I especially get the most unexplainable sensation, satisfaction or whatever you would call it when I get to see anyone's reaction to how Haruhi treats Mikuru with "special care" Anime hyper. And BINGO that was the image. Haven't seen that other one. Doubt they are from those artbooks mentioned above but even if they are isn't that all the more interesting that given their release dates *raises eyebrow*.

Haruhi is indeed one of my favorites. While Yu Yu Hakusho remains and always shall be my all time favorite I actually spent a significant amount of time looking for an anime that could match or *haha* beat it *lol* and then I stumble upon the name of an anime that I had seen a character in an avatar from. The iconic Haruhism and opening gif caught my immediate attention. And I'm proud to say that I had found my answer. There is something that could. I'm always skeptical of short series as I had a really horrible experience with one a few years back. Needless to say I was traumatized on short series. And no, it wasn't the horrible ending of the Furuba anime lol. I kidd I kidd. But either way Haruhi no matter how you look at her or the series has something for everyone. It just may be in an order dictated by the ultra director that she sees fit to bestow upon us lowly life forms lol.

Haruhi saved my opinion on short series. Although I still look forward to more.
................ And we will have MOARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
Haruhi is a cash cow, admit it. Kadokawa has been able to feed off of this for the past three years, and at this point nobody is going to stop them anytime soon.
Luna Loving

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote
Not sure whether I smell a troll, I guess all we can really do is wait until May 24th.... And pray to any merciful God that it isn' t a troll. I' m such a shameless Haruhi addict!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 11