• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Fates Adds Same-Sex Marriage Option

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
Like that its an official same sex pairing and not having to keep it "implied" like past games. Just officially out in the open. Just wish that it had more candidates so that its not "pick Conquest for gay men", "pick Birthright for lesbian" with only just 1 each. But like others said, baby steps that are very much needed that hopefully Nintendo will build up for future games.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
I know its very late to be posting in this thread. But reportedly I've read the game contains some horrible alludes to conversion therapy with the character of Soleil.

spoiler[She is lesbian, but you can only romance her as a male. The male player character drugs her to make her think men are women, which makes her have feelings for the player character. Despite her being lesbian, you cannot romance her as a female.]
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I know its very late to be posting in this thread. But reportedly I've read the game contains some horrible alludes to conversion therapy with the character of Soleil.

spoiler[She is lesbian, but you can only romance her as a male. The male player character drugs her to make her think men are women, which makes her have feelings for the player character. Despite her being lesbian, you cannot romance her as a female.]

Good to see that bullshit rumour started by 1 single tumblr user is still going around.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/07/the-story-behind-fire-emblem-fates-completely-falsified-gay-conversion/
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Incorrect.

Second link
Said links contains spoilers (obviously.)

People made a big deal out of a badly written support and inconsistent character when it shouldn't have been a big deal.

Hell, we had Tharja in Awakening who was pretty blatantly bi too but ended up in a situation like Soleil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5