• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Comments on Escaflowne Backer Reward Flaws

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
People are acting like Funimation are doing nothing but screwing up lately, but those same people are forgetting that roughly 90% of their releases don't have any issues at all. On the average, Funi puts out roughly around 6-10 brand new releases each month, and the vast majority of those are released without any incidents or complaints. The problems that are plaguing Code Geass and Escaflowne are the exception, not the rule.

Good on them for not screwing up 90% of their releases. Unfortunately 100% of the things I have bought from them - this set - have been screwed up, so that other 90% is meaningless.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
Your post scares the living hell out of me. No, that is not normal. My set and poster have not arrived yet...dear god. O.O

Thanks, @Usagi-kun for the info. I will email Funi about the poster too. I tried to contact Funimation for support on Kickstarter's page & their support page yesterday and I have not got a reply yet. I hope your poster is okay, but please let us know the condition of it on arrival.
Giant_Robo_28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
What's most upsetting is that the DVD's in the set aren't part of the entire boxed set. It just feels like an afterthought, rather than part of the entire boxed set of Escaflowne. While I was skeptical about "pre-ordering" this through Kickstarter, I still felt like everything was going to be ok. Funi was pretty clear about communication and I saw how everything was going to look in the backer updates, but I still thought that everything would be contained in a single package.

Regardless, I don't plan on backing another project from Funimation and I'll just grab the mass market copy, since there doesn't seem to be any major difference to make the set seem truly special.
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Received a random package from Funimation today with the dvds for the CE. I did email them to say I didn't receive mine so I'm not sure if this was because of that, or if they just mailed them all out separately from the CE sets themselves. Also, it looks like just a mailing of the dvd sets for the new dub as I see both broadcast and uncut. Wasn't this supposed to have only the original dub on them?
Theandyman85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
I have my DVDs but I'm STILL waiting for my Blurays and everything else. The few responses I've gotten have been "we are looking into it" and I even asked for a refund and I'd be glad to send back the DVD set that I haven't even opened. Didn't even reply to that. Terrible communication. I just want to watch the show on bluray. I should have just waited and bought it at retail and had it a month and a half ago but I wanted to show my support. Lot of good that did.

I'm not the only one either, there's a handful of us on the Kickstarter that they have never even replied to. I'd just like to know when to expect it or just have my money back so I can buy a set at BestBuy. They have lost all good will from me at this point.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
This all just reminded me that they are supposed to be sending me new discs for Code Geass at some point. Kind of wondering where the heck those are, honestly. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5