• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime TV Premieres Tomorrow on iTunes, YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostOne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Well the next Episode of ATv premieres in another week, This week will be a special Behind the Scenes clip.

So have a little more patience. And really, thanks for sticking with us.

God... I really want that Six Foot Eva....
10円

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Eh? A behind-the-scenes view of a show that's only had one episode so far? Are you kidding? Normally I try to provide a fully fleshed out post that details exactly what I'm getting at, but this time I hope it's already damn near obvious. Maybe you should wait until average viewers care enough about the show to be curious about how it works; as it is I'm just going to watch for another chuckle and to see if anything changed. Oh well, best of luck, you guys seem like a very energetic bunch that just needs time to learn how to relax around each other. Y'all were acting like a bunch of new-hires trying to make a mark for yourselves before your probationary period ran out. I wish you the best but if Anime TV was a common security I'd be selling it to anyone who was willing to buy. Wink
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Well if you watched the show on Goanimetv.com, on the left part of the "TV", it has a Program Guide and it goes, Episode then Behind the Scenes for that episode, for every episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
LostOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
Lol, that ws a nice little snippett. I had to have subtitles lol.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote
You totally did.

"I'm scared...."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched the "Behind the scenes" ep. and probably won't. I may or may not watch the next episode. LostOne, I'll say this, watching the show, I thought you came across well, seriously, I'm not just saying that because you're on here. I thought you and the other girl who talked came off well. Nicholas, I absolutely despised and the other girl that talked often was "ok".

Like others, I guess I'm not in the target demo, but you (to your credit) came across as the anime fan you seem to be. You seemed to genuinely care about the material and LIKE anime. Nicholas struck me as one of those people that watches Bleach on CN and basically would make fun of all the characters and people (I mean ACTUAL people interviewed) in "Otaku no Video". And this was made all the WORSE because he and that other girl kept shutting the rest of you out. Like they were trying to pummel viewer opinion (which overwhelmingly likes the show) purely by force of personality.

I understand dissenting opinion, and I even understand "I don't like the show". I even get some of their points on that score, but the personality projected to make those points was so overwhelmingly negative that I just didn't EVER want to listen to Nicholas EVER again. You, Kaiji and Miley need more attention, and Laura or Collin or whichever was in the middle would actually be an ok moderator but could tone it down just one notch. But then, as I said, I'm probably not the target demo.

I actually didn't mind the ranking system, didn't really care one way or another but I was hugely disappointed in the "top 5 anime", were those voted by you guys? Or your audience? If the latter, I'm shocked at what is not on the list and that Bleach is #1. If the former... -_-;
LostOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
LIKE ANIME?!?!?!?! My man I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! But seriously dude I appreciate why you said what you said.

But trust me, we are all on the ball when it comes to Anime. Nick has actually been at it longer than I have. If you hear what I heard, you wouldn't even need to question where they come from. Sure we can get really into it, and sometimes more than often overpower, but like the Behind the Scenes said, we all have the common love, and bond, and goal. It works that way, and I hope it can come across that way to you in the future.

For me, and the rest, that the target audience are the Anime Fans of all ages and backgrounds, which is the reason why our views are so skewed when compared to one another.

I understand why you wouldn't want to watch any further episodes, but I would really urge you to try one more. The show really has a better flow and feel the more you get into it. And we don't want to alienate any fan because you feel we arent trying to give our opinion.

Its cool you like what we have to say, and we are bound to speak more as the episodes progress.

I am not sure if I can say as to how we choose the top 5, but I can tell you the anime got that way for a reason. I am personally glad Evangelion was in the top three... allthough Bleach caught me off guard, I really cant complain.

Either way my man, thanks for the input, and keep watching.
fatcat21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
guys I wrote already how the top five was created and here it is again.

oh ya last thing is the top five list was created through a top ten list all the cast wrote individually. it is not like we sat around together and decided. it was done through a third party to prevent an uprising. seriously though it means that bleach was on everyone's top ten list and it was the most consistent from the whole cast. personally I love bleach and am glad it was number one!!!!

also watch one more episode you still have yet to see me on the couch in discussion and bailey also. she is usually quite fun. anyways almost time for another episode and I am hyped!!!!

jonathan
LostOne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah.. thats right.... wait how do you kno the way we work.. oh wait thats right.

I tend to forget from time to time. But he's right, You have to see all of us before the opinion really settles in. Believe me when i say they're amazingly opinionated and a few of us are bound to get frustrated.

In retrospect, that didn't sound much like a compliment., but it is, thanks for clearing the air.
fatcat21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
the new episode is up and I love it! it is a good one.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Folks, this is a news article about this podcast from many weeks ago. If you want to start a discussion thread about the podcast then you need to create one in the Anime forum; I'm locking this one now to prevent it from being bumped every time there's a new episode.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5