• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
[Removed insulting post referencing another users use of a Touma avatar]

Touma's a pretty awesome guy. Punches people in the face and doesn't afraid of anything. The guy knows how to get shit done, you gotta give him that. He is part of the main reason I like Index so much, yes even more so than Railgun.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
Just as you are incapable of nothing else but hating on people that don't like what you like? I'm getting tired of this Fencedude. If you're going to come in to every thread and reply to people who dare to have a differing opinion than you then I can tell you right now that this crap isn't going to fly anymore. Put some content in your posts instead of just complaining that people don't like what you like or stop posting.

Only when their "opinion" is backed up by nothing more than bile and spite.

You don't see me in threads for shows I don't care about, loudly proclaiming how much I don't care about them and how much everyone who does sucks. Do you? Because last I checked, this was a Railgun thread, no? Especially when so many people apparently don't actually know what they are spouting off about, instead using their personal biases as cruise-control for their opinions.

Pardon me for finding that at tad irritating.

Backed up by bile and spit? Generally the only bile and spit I see comes from you. In the end it doesn't matter. They have the right to voice their opinion. You can debate those opinions, point out why you disagree, but you don't get to tell people where they can and can't post opinions and just saying "how dare you not like what I like" over and over is not contributing anything to the discussion so I suggest you find a better way of conducting yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
>Touma avatar

Touma's a pretty awesome guy. Punches people in the face and doesn't afraid of anything. The guy knows how to get shit done, you gotta give him that. He is part of the main reason I like Index so much, yes even more so than Railgun.

I happen to like both touma and you sadly summed up why I do I also like to ship misakaxtouma despite being in my late 20's... but I won't talk about that anymore <_<. All around Misaka is a pretty well written character with her own flaws that I hope a second season of index will flush out so I post this pic for all enjoy~

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:

Backed up by bile and spit? Generally the only bile and spit I see comes from you. In the end it doesn't matter. They have the right to voice their opinion. You can debate those opinions, point out why you disagree, but you don't get to tell people where they can and can't post opinions and just saying "how dare you not like what I like" over and over is not contributing anything to the discussion so I suggest you find a better way of conducting yourself.

Except that is not at all what is going on. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion, but having an opinion is not a magical thing that exempts you from criticism. A mindless opinion is less than useless, and quite a few people think that the mere fact they have an opinion on something means they can add something relevant to the conversation. This is less of an issue in this threadvthan in say the RKB (where people who haven't seen it atescare mongering its content) thread or the Vividred thread.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
hopefully Kuroko succeeds in "rubbing" Mikoto.....in her dreams...and we see it.
j123ready

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I prefer more Index but this is nice. I'm still on volume 20 of the novel so I've still got some more to read. Hope Touma makes another guest appearance.. I alway crack up when Misaka and him talk. Very Happy
pinder_2009

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll take this over Index anyday.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
WUh! I hope they add some characters from the movie.. Cool
AeonEsperKyo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually completely psyched about this! (I've actually been hoping for a 2nd season of Railgun much more than a 3rd season of Index)

I mean, I can respect that everyone has their own opinion, some liking Railgun more (like me), and others liking Index more, and then the ones that are in between. Sure the 2nd arc of Railgun seemed like fillers, but even in those fillers, they at least managed to integrate some of the concepts for the more important upcoming events (such as the occasional quake, and Haruue making an appearance during that episode with anti-skill member Tessou and the kid in the arcade). And to me, the fillers were a nice break from the tension that built up from the end of the first arc, along with a steady lead-in to a climactic, and resolute end. To me, the Railgun series just felt more balanced overall, and no episode really feels to have gone to waste.

I mean, I'm a HUGE fan of Index as well, don't get me wrong! (Index and Railgun are actually my favorite anime of all time!) Though, IMHO, the first season of Index didn't really feel as nice. I mean the first season didn't even seem to be following a plot, so much as throwing us smack dab into the hectic life of Kamijou Touma. The arcs, as well, didn't really feel as well put-together and mostly just followed the general chain of:

Girl is in some type of danger/peril --> Touma fights for and saves girl --> Girl falls in love with Touma --> Rinse and repeat.

Now, I understand that this chain was broken by the Angel Fall arc, but the same general chain for 3 arcs straight? And add to it that the Vampire arc didn't have too much significance later on in the anime. No one ever mentioned Izzard after that, and the only real point of the arc was to introduce Himegami, who even turns out to be an ignored character later on.

But of course, Index always had Accelerator, my favorite level 5, my favorite esper, AND my most favorite anime dude of all time!

Railgun DID have a lack of Accelerator, but the plot felt really smooth and gripping with just the right amount of tension when needed, though perhaps a bit overboard with the antics. Still, it made up for it with a balanced and understandable plot, much easier to follow than a few of the more complex magic termanology in Index. But overall, as an avid fan of both series (but moreso of Railgun), I'm pumped about this news! Anime hyper
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
@AeonEsperKyo

An opinion that I respect very well. Smile While I'm ecstatic that Railgun will have another season made, I can understand how some that were hoping for Index's Season 3 may have been disheartened by this news.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quote
Personally I dont like Kuroko or any of her shenanigans. The pyscho lesbians side character has been done to death, and she brings nothing new to the table. Oh look its the girl who is repeatedly told to her face Misaka doesn't swing that way to the point of violence and ignores it, while somehow chastising touma saying he does not understand her.

I also am in the group who would rather have season 3 of index, although I also believe there is no way in hell railgun would get a season 2 if they had no plans for 3. Obviously on a thread for railgun 2 you will have more proponents, but I get the general sense overall is the majority prefer Index over Railgun.

That said I love Misaka's character and she is under used in Index, so at least we get to see her more center stage, plus misaka imouto is also an awesome character so seeing more of her is also epic.

In short I want more index, but anything from Index universe is great. Although where are people getting raildex universe from, railgun is a spinoff, so I dont see how some people are trying to give it equal billing to Index. Its the Index universe period, and railgun is just part of it.

One other thing if you have such a hard on for Kurko's antics, you are looking at the wrong medium my friend, any one of the hundreds of misaka x kurko doujin will meet your needs; no need to was a non h show for that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quote
Well Index already had a season 2 so I think it's fine for it to let Railgun have it's turn before a season 3.
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well Index already had a season 2 so I think it's fine for it to let Railgun have it's turn before a season 3.

not to mention the index movie fans are getting, so it's win win wether you're an index fan or railgun.
underlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Another Railgun with that annoying brat who just won't shut up despite her ear-deteriorating voice? No, thank you.

Robinho wrote:
And yeah, Kuroko is one annoying psycho lesbian and may not be on Mikoto's level but she is one of the respectable and even lovable characters in the series.

And water isn't wet.

This and Oreimo 2. Not touching.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Another Railgun with that annoying brat who just won't shut up despite her ear-deteriorating voice? No, thank you.

Robinho wrote:
And yeah, Kuroko is one annoying psycho lesbian and may not be on Mikoto's level but she is one of the respectable and even lovable characters in the series.

And water isn't wet.

This and Oreimo 2. Not touching.

it's the supporting characters that make up oreimo but i'm sure you posted that for bait, I hate kirino personally but the others are better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8