• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Body Identified as Crayon Shin-chan's Yoshito Usui

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
so if I fail to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else and actually give my honest opinion, I get questioned?

No, what you fail to do is recognize that stating this view to a bunch of people expressing their sadness is pretty insensitive. It doesn't matter if it's your honest view. It's just going to piss everyone off. Honesty is not always wise. Anyone with an ounce of tact knows that sometimes you should just keep stuff to yourself.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
First Kurimoto, now Usui. I really don't know what to say...
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Spoofer wrote:
According to Shadowrun20XX's mentality, Natasha Richardson's death shouldn't have been sad either, no one should have felt pity for her. Skiing is a common activity, but anyone who does it knows the risk and deserves whatever they get, right? There's risk associated with everything, people can die from just about anything, it doesn't mean they should have known better. His mentality is appalling.
Alright spammer. My mentality, huh? I go hiking outside of Vegas all the time. I go up to red rock, alone now and again. If I slip and fall that my own goddamn business. Usui knew what he was doing, I don't feel sorry for him like the rest. He did what he did, and I respect him for what he did outside of his safe zone.

So if I walk down my dangerous streets on the way to school and get shot in the crossfire, it's my fault, right?

There is no bandwagon. This isn't some obscure manga-ka that created Toward the Terra or something, this is a fairly well known manga-ka. I'm not going to deny that some people are putting him on a pedestal, but at least have some respect.
interestedno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
R.I.P Usui-san. Prayers, good thoughts for his family...
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote
Well this sucks, I wonder if the anime will get cancelled because of his death Sad.

Oh, and yah, I feel sorry for his family, and hope they can heal soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6