• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AS line-up

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
It's still a half-hour of programming time that could be spent on something new and different. Besides, those late night blocks do very well for AS.

At 1:30? They're not going to put something new on at 1:30.

AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
It's only not performing well because of [AS]'s shitty choice of a time slot. They need to air it earlier, getting rid of a half-hour of comedy to do so.

It was inbetween the #2 and #3 show that night. Why did people jump ship after Bleach and come back for FLCL? It must be one of the less desired shows.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

It's only not performing well because of [AS]'s shitty choice of a time slot. They need to air it earlier, getting rid of a half-hour of comedy to do so.

It's a weekend night, and that time-slot has pulled in solid ratings in the past. Might it do better earlier? Maybe, but probably not by much. They've found that leading in with comedy tends to improve ratings for the entire night, so I say run with it.

Quote:

Why not? I'm sure they wouldn't put on something huge, like Bleach in that slot, but I'm saying that there are dozens of shows out there that anime companies should be willing to let go for cheap, since they'd practically be infomercials for their product, shows that have been out for a while and that would just be money in their hands if they let CN run them.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Why not? I'm sure they wouldn't put on something huge, like Bleach in that slot, but I'm saying that there are dozens of shows out there that anime companies should be willing to let go for cheap, since they'd practically be infomercials for their product, shows that have been out for a while and that would just be money in their hands if they let CN run them.

Airing a new show at 1:30 = ratings suicide.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
Just wondering -- does The Boondocks continue? Or is it over?

===

Nevermind. I answered my own question.
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/boondocks/

Granted, I don't have access to Cartoon Network at the time being. I am limited to YouTube. With what I've seen so far, I enjoy where the trend this animated series is going.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Airing a new show at 1:30 = ratings suicide.

Airing new shows that they didn't pay much for anyways, who gives a damn? People will watch it either way.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Starting the 28th, all Sat anime gets moved up by a half hour.

Guess last weeks extremely strong showing finally got there attention.

Also they said Shin Chan is coming back but its not on the schedule yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

Thanks for the schedule link! It looks like the new (and final) episodes of Inu Yasha start on the 16th. Happy Birthday to Me! That'll be a nice present...getting IY over with FINALLY!
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

I don't have the slightest idea on how ratings work so is this a good thing? Oh and thanks for the schedual. Very Happy
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
It looks like the new (and final) episodes of Inu Yasha start on the 16th. Happy Birthday to Me! That'll be a nice present...getting IY over with FINALLY!

Maybe an early birthday present? I think the new episodes start on 10/12 (or the night of 10/11, depending on how you look at it), but it's been a while since the last new episode so I may not be correctly remembering where it left off. I am also looking forward to the end of the series even though it has received less than enthusiastic comments from a lot of people.

I'm glad to see another run of Paranoia Agent coming up after the current run of FLCL ends. I didn't really like PA the first time I saw it, but so many people here have said good things about it that I want to give it another look. It's the kind of show where I'm pretty sure I missed things the first time around.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
It looks like the new (and final) episodes of Inu Yasha start on the 16th. Happy Birthday to Me! That'll be a nice present...getting IY over with FINALLY!

Maybe an early birthday present? I think the new episodes start on 10/12 (or the night of 10/11, depending on how you look at it), but it's been a while since the last new episode so I may not be correctly remembering where it left off. I am also looking forward to the end of the series even though it has received less than enthusiastic comments from a lot of people.

Hmmm...maybe I'll cover my semi-skinny butt and start taping them this week and that will help refresh my memory too.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote
After the Eureka 7 episode today I finally understand why Eureka 7 in English never make an impact that it made to me in Japanese...

The dialogue script is lame. It's all awkward for some reason. And the background music feels less, how do I say, encompassing compare to the Japanese audio. Somehow. Did they tone it down for the English dub or something?

Ah well, I'll still be watching it 'til the end. It's the least I can do for such a wonderful show!

Side note: did anyone see how AS messed up the FLCL ending? Razz
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the English dialog is pretty awkward on that show, but it's not THAT bad compared to most dubs.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Yeah, the English dialog is pretty awkward on that show, but it's not THAT bad compared to most dubs.

Are you saying that most dubs have awkward dialogue, because they don't. I don't even know what "awkward dialogue" is.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
Then how do you know that most dubs don't have it? Wink

Awkward dialog is when the dialogdoesn't come off as being natural. This happens in all forms of writing, be it novels, movies, animation, whatever. So long as dialog is writen, it has the potential of being awkwardly writen.

Basically, if you hear a line, and it just doesn't seem like the way that a real person of that personality, in that situation, would be likely to convey that sentiment, then it is awkward dialog. Eureka 7 does seem to have several of those.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

Thanks for the schedule link! It looks like the new (and final) episodes of Inu Yasha start on the 16th. Happy Birthday to Me! That'll be a nice present...getting IY over with FINALLY!

About damn time they finished Inuyasha!

When I see the ending, I'm picking up the manga.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7