• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Persona 4 The Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:

But this, This is something that has a game, with an english cast, AN ENGLISH CAST THAT PEOPLE LIKE! So, Sentai, Dub this, or give it to someone else. Preferably Bandai or Viz, because Funi would just Funimize it. Anime hyper

You are boohooing over a possible cast change but saying you would like a Funimized script(sure the script as is has some liberities it is still far from what we would see if Funi got their hammy little fingers on it)? That seems hypocritical.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, Sentai has said at their panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta today that they're currently in discussion in getting the dub cast back. So there you go.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's good to know. I figured they would at least try and look into it.
kadosho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Seems like things are just back to back this week. P4 on its own seems like a different take on the series. Curious though what team will be handling dubbing duties.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

I stand by my original statement, "Being licensed by Sentai means it will not be on Crunchyroll" as being true in the here and now.

Laughing
I just wanted to touch on this again, since I found it humorous that we were discussing this.
But "in the here and now", your generalized statement is still wrong, now that both Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls & Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere are both on CR currently.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

I stand by my original statement, "Being licensed by Sentai means it will not be on Crunchyroll" as being true in the here and now.

Laughing
I just wanted to touch on this again, since I found it humorous that we were discussing this.
But "in the here and now", your generalized statement is still wrong, now that both Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls & Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere are both on CR currently.

Indeed I had been waiting for this to be brought back up since the announcements, but I couldn't remember where precisely I had made the statement.

As many times as Sentai/TAN has broken precedent in the past year, I should have known better, but I thought, "Certainly this is one thing I can count on".
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
The Coffee God wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

Laughing

Indeed I had been waiting for this to be brought back up since the announcements, but I couldn't remember where precisely I had made the statement.

As many times as Sentai/TAN has broken precedent in the past year, I should have known better, but I thought, "Certainly this is one thing I can count on".

Yeah, they are nothing if not unpredictable. They've certainly dropped a lot of surprises on us fans.

I'm starting to wonder if we may see Sentai and Crunchyroll team up more to combat Funico.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7