• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Attack on Titan Director Insults Promotion Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I've heard about a few arthouse film screenings where the filmmaker clearly resents bringing in people who wind up not liking the movie, some of which actually say so openly, so this is certainly not a unique thing. Doesn't mean I like that kind of attitude though. Not only will you get bad reviews for your movie no matter how good it is (with extremely few exceptions, and certainly no movie director will get a lifetime of only glowing reviews), meaning you should come to expect them, but if you're getting a lot of bad reviews, it means you made an error, and that's to be learned from.

Besides, it's unhealthy to surround yourself with only your yesmen.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Lostlorn Forest wrote:

He doesn't bend. Razz I sort of respect him for that.

Same here. Besides, a public apology for a private comment that was leaked? Wouldn't be accepted as sincere anyway, so why give Twitter the satisfaction?

Couldn't agree more. I personally don't even think public comments are received as being sincere, but are only demanded to prevent the world ending because "Political correctness!"
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
Animelover12313 wrote:
Then go on and insult someone who is a friend of yours. Confused Confused Confused

The "friend" leaked his personal rants on his private Facebook to the public for 15 minutes of fame. Of course he's going to insult him.

Apparently not being politically correct on your private social media account is a serious crime!

Please read my whole post. I did not say anything about who was right or who was wrong. All I said was the way he insult people was just weird. He insult the reviewers. Then go on to insult the staffs who let the reviewers to come in. Then went around and insult the reviewers again. Then go and insult his "friend".

Also, I think "privacy" is nonexistent on the internet now. Things you may have or may not have posted will take a bite on you sooner or later since it will be on there forever. A few days ago, WWE just released Hulk Hogan and erase him from history for making racial slurs in a LEAKED video of him 8 freaking years ago. See? Where's his privacy now?
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:
Please read my whole post. I did not say anything about who was right or who was wrong. All I said was the way he insult people was just weird. He insult the reviewers. Then go on to insult the staffs who let the reviewers to come in. Then went around and insult the reviewers again. Then go and insult his "friend".

Also, I think "privacy" is nonexistent on the internet now. Things you may have or may not have posted will take a bite on you sooner or later since it will be on there forever. A few days ago, WWE just released Hulk Hogan and erase him from history for making racial slurs in a LEAKED video of him 8 freaking years ago. See? Where's his privacy now?

I did not quote your entire post because the last sentence is what irked me most.

You said:

Animelover12313 wrote:
I don't get people like this. First you insult people, then go on to apologize because that's not what you meant and insult someone instead. Then go on and insult someone who is a friend of yours.

First of all just because it is the internet doesn't mean what he says in private should be treated the same way as if he said it in public. "He should have expected it to be leaked!" is not an excuse. Also you say it's not what he meant but on the contrary, if you read the posts on Page 2 of this article, it's apparent that he doesn't really regret saying the things he did, which I respect completely.

It also shocks me why you somehow think they're still friends... is the impact of betrayal lost on you? Do you think someone who will, for example, leak the nudes of their ex still be "friends" with that person? This is really basic stuff.

The people who are in the wrong are his supposed "friend" who smeared dirt on him, knowing that a little rant that was probably just to blow off steam would blow out of proportions if the internet got its hands on it. Also someone in this comment section made a very good point earlier; why do politicians (who are fighting for the power of governance of life-or-death decisions) get to crap all over their rivals with no repercussions? Like for example, Donald Trump? Why is it limited to people in the entertainment industry?

It could have been a lot worse as well. What Higuchi said was so petty that it almost seemed like he was afraid it might leak and refrained from any expletives or anything violent in nature.

omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
He's sorry that he got caught, not sorry about what he said.
Buzz201

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
omegaproxy wrote:
He's sorry that he got caught, not sorry about what he said.

I don't really see why he should be, this "freedom of the press" nonsense is taking what was probably an emotional off the cuff comment that he didn't really mean far too seriously for anybody's good.

And even if it was inappropriate he said it on his private Facebook page, the one that only his friends should be accessing. How many people haven't said something stupid on their Facebook profile?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Eric Stimson wrote:
Quote:
The Japanese movie review site Chō Eiga Hihan had given Attack on Titan a 40 out of 100.

Actually, the Japanese movie review site in question is Chō Eiga Hihyō.
http://movie.maeda-y.com/

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3