• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Adds Soul Eater Anime from Media Factory

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Nov 17, 2009 is pretty far off. But atleast I have something to get the day of my Birthday.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
OMG AWESOME Very Happy!!!!

*parties like there is no tomorrow*

I will finally be able to watch Soul Eater Very Happy!!!
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/?page=newshowagogo

Based on that it looks like there's one more show to go Rolling Eyes
Chicken008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote
That's great! Out of all these announcements I'm surprised that the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations wasn't announced..
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
v1cious wrote:
and now it's official. can't wait to see the voice cast they pick for this one.

EDIT that trailer is terrible.

Well, trailers for anime shows are rarely academy award material. Heck, most of the time it's just the opening credit sequence without the credits.

True. The only good promos ever made for anime were done by Toonami, they actually gave you a fairly decent exposition on the show and characters while showing a good mix of clips to go along with it, just not a random collection. Plus the music and narration helped.

Might I add "Cowboy Bebop"? Sure, the BONES guys were probably responsible for a lot of it, but it's still Sunrise.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jarmel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
There we go. I would have been willing to buy singles for this show(I want artboxes but unfortunately they don't sell). I wonder if they got more licences than they thought so they decided to use some of the days for rescues.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote
From what people were saying about the trailer, I was expecting a lot worse. Yes, it's misleading from the perspective of one who has seen the series, but it's certainly better than the usual crap that is the credit sequence + opening song. I actually enjoyed the trailer. Not great, but not terrible either. How that guy kept saying "shinigami-sama" was hilarious.

Last edited by Jedi General on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
beginning in late 2009.
Well that sucks, to put it lightly. Not to mention that half their prospective clients (well, more like a quarter, if their quite frankly cack-handed approach to the whole thing put off a good chunk of them) will be waiting through at least two of the box sets just to get back to where they left off.

Last edited by edzieba on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Chicken008 wrote:
That's great! Out of all these announcements I'm surprised that the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations wasn't announced..

Probably will be soon...they may be waiting for those manga volumes that came released with the OVA in Japan. Otherwise, people would not understand half the stuff going on as season 2 was pure filler and trash.

anyways..watched the promo and that's worst one I've seen in years (Square-Enix is pronounced weird...) and the entire narration just made my ears bleed. The interesting thing was keeping the honorifics (Shinigami-sama). If they do air this on toonami...I hope they keep the first opening at least....T.M. Revolution is a must...

Last edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
The most logical choice. Well done FUNi now I get to see this awesome show on my shelf.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I hope they keep the first opening at least....T.M. Revolution is a must...

Feh. "PAPERMOON" is far, far better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Yess! I am happy about this and I'm pretty sure that we aren't done yet. Very Happy
The dvd's are a long way off but they do have to dub this one themselves because it's not just a rescue.
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Chicken008 wrote:

Yes! I would be more excited by that.

As to the delay, maybe they'll stream episodes earlier? That would seem to help with selling DVDs, and because I can't imagine that "someone" won't keep putting this series "out there" with another year to go until the actual release.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I hope they keep the first opening at least....T.M. Revolution is a must...

Feh. "PAPERMOON" is far, far better.

I never said I disliked the second op. It's good, but not fantastic. Speaking of Tommy Heavenly 6...still waiting for that other single with Gundam 00 SS insert.

Quote:
As to the delay, maybe they'll stream episodes earlier? That would seem to help with selling DVDs, and because I can't imagine that "someone" won't keep putting this series "out there" with another year to go until the actual release.

The delay maybe because the series doesn't finish in Japan until March/April 2009 (only to be replaced by FMA Season 2 possibly) so Funimation is probably waiting so they can release the 2-4 box sets all in one go more or less...
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Awesomeness. I've heard a lot of good things about Soul Eater, so I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks Funi, now surprise us one last time this evening. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5