• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Adult Swim Gauges Interest in Bringing Back Toonami

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
Shouldn't be any reason to spoiler tag any anime from the 90's and earlier. It would be like spoiler tagging Titanic or Citizen Kane now.

Because every new person coming into the fandom is gonna know all these series, right?

News flash: Just because something is highly known is no excuse to act like everyone already knows about it.

Spoilers are a pain in the neck, they are a pain to do, and a pain to read sometimes. They are a perfectly valid courtesy for new and recent shows. But in discussions of older shows, there is no need for them. If new viewers of old shows don't want to be spoiled, then they should be reading the reviews and not the forums. Otherwise my great grandchildren will still be doing spoilers for Gunbuster in the 22nd Century.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="sburstall"]
Joe Carpenter wrote:

What's sad that Toonami needs to focus on action series to keep an audience? If you don't believe me, look at the current series.

And yet much of the American made "live action" stuff shown the rest of the week doesn't have much action.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
Shouldn't be any reason to spoiler tag any anime from the 90's and earlier. It would be like spoiler tagging Titanic or Citizen Kane now.

Because every new person coming into the fandom is gonna know all these series, right?

News flash: Just because something is highly known is no excuse to act like everyone already knows about it.

Spoilers are a pain in the neck, they are a pain to do, and a pain to read sometimes. They are a perfectly valid courtesy for new and recent shows. But in discussions of older shows, there is no need for them. If new viewers of old shows don't want to be spoiled, then they should be reading the reviews and not the forums. Otherwise my great grandchildren will still be doing spoilers for Gunbuster in the 22nd Century.

Spoilers are spoilers regardless of how old they are. Not everyone has watched every anime.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

Spoilers are spoilers regardless of how old they are. Not everyone has watched every anime.

The forums are used for the discussion of anime. Having to constantly black bar everything, inhibits that discussion. I have no problem with the new stuff and the fairly recent. But at some point enough has to be enough.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

At this point, unless you have just defected from North Korea, you should know how Cowboy Bebop ends.

And it ends with Ein making everyone wearing Slave Leia like bikini's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 16 of 16