• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hulu Posts 1st Episode of Accel World TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
What the what? This is pretty odd. Usually Viz only gets one simulcast a season and this doesn;t seem like their kinda show...guess they must be in pretty good favor with Sunrise right now.

Viz Media must be Sunrise/Bandai Visual's newest BFF (along with Sentai, to a somewhat lesser extent). To get last spring's TIGER & BUNNY and now their big title of this spring in Accel World says a lot, which can be only a good thing for the company with Bandai Ent. out of the licensing/distro business. On another note, it's very good to see Viz expanding their reach by going after non-manga-related titles and genres outside of their usual pinings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
V1046-R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Odd. I've never seen a anime posted on Hulu that wasn't dubbed. But I never use Hulu, so maybe there are subbed shows on there.

there are actually quite a few subbed shows on there. like toriko for example.

Just about every show I choose on hulu turns out to be subbed. Not that I mind, as that is my preference.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
zendervai wrote:
Well, so I guess this Canadian won't be watching this show.

These days, I have less and less interest in articles posted that involve Hulu as the stream source. Too darned tired of clicking on preview or episode links, only to find the stream is locked to the U.S.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
All this means is that now VIZ has another series it can sit on forever and never ever f***ing release on physical media like any of the other better anime companies would have done, had they gotten this instead. Evil or Very Mad

It's a shame because this series does seem promising.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 am Reply with quote
Viz has actually said they would only release shows that do well in streaming. Which is why Tiger and Bunny is getting a dub and Larange probably won't get on DVD. http://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZMedia/posts/264630940294155?notif_t=share_reply
superdry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
I don't really follow VIZ too much, but when they get streaming rights to a show they also get the home media rights at the same time?

I know both Funi and Sentai sometimes just grab the streaming rights first and then maybe the home media rights.
Zendervai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Viz has actually said they would only release shows that do well in streaming. Which is why Tiger and Bunny is getting a dub and Larange probably won't get on DVD. http://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZMedia/posts/264630940294155?notif_t=share_reply

The streaming numbers might be affected if, you know, they bothered to try to reach out to the other country they have the rights to!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote
zendervai wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:

The streaming numbers might be affected if, you know, they bothered to try to reach out to the other country they have the rights to!

That's the problem they've been looking for Canada partners.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

And once again, I'm forced to yell and scream at the top of my lungs that Viz does not RELEASE anything on home video that's not Bleach, Naruto or other Shonen Jump material.

AND ANOTHER REASON I didn't want them to pick up shows I wanted to own.

inb4 ZETMAN doesn't get a release either.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Well this sucks that means that there will be no DVD/BR release since only thing I see coming from these people are Naruto and Bleach boxsets. Wish Sentai would have gotten this instead.

Also inb4 they drop Tiger and Bunny if the first DVD release does not do well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2