• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jormungand (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'd be pretty surprised to see another season. There's just no way to actually portray the implementation of what is described without the absurdity of it all coming crashing down.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
But as it stands the story is still incomplete, and it is not just the plan but also what makes the father so scary. If things really will go crazy, then that is exactly what Jormungand should have aimed for, it really is the first time the series had some realy direction. Lets see Ragnarok.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote
Don't expect another season. From what I've looked up, the manga source material ended back in January of this year and the anime adapted all the source material for both its seasons. The manga has a similar abrupt ending as how the anime pulls it off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
I feel trolled then, well it fits my rating at least.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Jormungand Perfect Order ended.
spoiler[Jonah missing Koko, him working for Kasper...
Things didn't go according to plan, just got delayed for a while.
Jonah quitting on Kasper was half surprising..]

This final episode was rather flat and uneventful.
spoiler[Well, at least Jonah found his way back to Koko.]
Looks like we'll see the fruits of Koko's labor in the next season if their will be one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree they couldn't have ended it anywhere else without having to deal with the resulting absurdity.

I ended up giving the show a "Good" rating, same as the first season. It's a very borderline Good, however, right at the edge of Decent. It was entertaining enough, I guess, and I give the show props for having a few big-titty characters.
Noctis313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping to see at least a little of the new world...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:
I was hoping to see at least a little of the new world...
You just made me think of the Disney song and replace Aladin with Koko, and jasmin with Jonah. The funny bit is imagining Koko calling Jonah princess.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
not exactly how i thought it would end, but i don't really care. I really like this show, and it's a shame it's over. rated season 1 as very good so i think i will do the same with season 2
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 am Reply with quote
I'm a lil late to the finish. Overall, I thought that the 2nd half was kind of uneventful. It didn't draw me in as much as the first half did, with all the crazy personalities and interactions among all the different groups of people. I personally didn't care much about the political aspect of the story.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The ending goes incredibly stupid.

I mean there is positively, absolutely, no need for spoiler[700 000 people in the air to die] whatsoever. Jormungand spoiler[plan could be started on by allowing every plane to land, and not allowing any new plans to raise. The system was shown to be arbitrary specific and deliberate in ways it crack networks to manipulates data; there is no issue doing this plan without victims.] I mean everyone from Koko's team could understand that, even "Jonah".

So instead of interesting concept project, we have have this anime turned into lame dramatisation at this stage.

As I said here, the dumb ending ruined the show. There is just no way to spoiler[clear the skies from aircrafts just because wireless communications are taken down or controlled. Air planes perfectly manageable without any computers or computerized communications.]

And even if it was possible to do this, then still spoiler[wars would never stop. Weapons are produced on every continent and there is no issue with distributing them without either air or sea transport.]

Notice that I am not saying that spoiler[quantum computers decades away from now and the idea that the worlds tumbles into the third world war is totally off the wall.] This is because it is a premise that viewers have to accept to watch this show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I like the ending. instead of spoiler[actually showing whether or not the plan actually works, it cuts off just as she activates it and allows room for interpretation as to what could happen afterwards. Koko also freely admits she has absolutely no idea if this will actually work or not].
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I think the ending would have been more compelling if the plan itself was be believable, but it really isn't lol. No amount of suspension of disbelief could sway it within the realm of imaginative possibility. The idea of spoiler[abruptly ending the story like that would have been much, much more meaningful if the audience was believed the plan's plausibility and were eager to see if it'll work. However, I personally kept thinking "I can't see this plan working at all, but I'll just sit back and see how they'll make it work," because writers can sometimes be clever enough to make crazy things work. Of course, that didn't happen. Instead of an ending that kept me hanging in suspense, I feel like the author himself wasn't able to make it work without looking really dumb and had to end it there, leaving the rest up to our imaginations.]
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:
The ending goes incredibly stupid.

I mean there is positively, absolutely, no need for spoiler[700 000 people in the air to die] whatsoever. Jormungand spoiler[plan could be started on by allowing every plane to land, and not allowing any new plans to raise. The system was shown to be arbitrary specific and deliberate in ways it crack networks to manipulates data; there is no issue doing this plan without victims.] I mean everyone from Koko's team could understand that, even "Jonah".

So instead of interesting concept project, we have have this anime turned into lame dramatisation at this stage.

As I said here, the dumb ending ruined the show. There is just no way to spoiler[clear the skies from aircrafts just because wireless communications are taken down or controlled. Air planes perfectly manageable without any computers or computerized communications.]

And even if it was possible to do this, then still spoiler[wars would never stop. Weapons are produced on every continent and there is no issue with distributing them without either air or sea transport.]

Notice that I am not saying that spoiler[quantum computers decades away from now and the idea that the worlds tumbles into the third world war is totally off the wall.] This is because it is a premise that viewers have to accept to watch this show.

Actually, no, not on the scale and flight patterns that occur, it would horribly screw with how flying is done, especially on the commercial level. There would be many more accidents whether it was from collisions or problems with refueling.

I don't think you realize exactly how much messing with communications would totally ruin some countries. For example, imagine if they did something to screw up wall street with electronic disruption. It could throw the entire economy off and possibly destroy it, which would in turn effect the world economy.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Of course, there would be huge crisis, but the economies would adapt. Just fifty years ago almost nothing was computerized and yet the power of states was incredible and wars were raging.

So, unfortunately, the ending does ruin the show. You can not buy this story, hence you can not relate to the world this show pictures to you. They disconnected viewers from their escapism and forced this nonsense into them. ANN's average rating of the second series does not lie this time, they weakened the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21