• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses Bunny Drop TV Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
buying it. no brainer purchase.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
edit: As others have already said a release of Dennou Coil would be the most amazing thing ever...well that & Chihayafuru.

I'm praying hard for these on BD, even if I'd be BD double-dipping. ^^ DVD-only would be a big disappointment, and wouldn't be an instant-buy...

SpacemanHardy wrote:
Wonderful.

That's about how I felt, although I would have added an exclamation point. This is great news! No cheap-case DVDs with no extras from NISA, unlike Funi or ADV. The only other company I might have wanted to license Usagi Drop would have been Nozomi, and we wouldn't be getting a BD release from them, unfortunately... Best news of the con so far!
Master Luc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I still buy fro NISA just to support them that one they will dub their series.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
The ONE show. The ONE SHOW.... that I most wanted to watch...

And now I'll never be able to watch it.

Well, if it's the price that's prohibitive for you, then the show is still up on Crunchyroll so you can watch it if you want to. (If you live in the USA.)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Actually would have really loved a dub with this one. Its not a must for me on every show and I'm not strictly a dub fan but for some shows if the dub is done well it does enhance it for me. At least its BD and I'm assured some decent packaging with NISA, so I'll definitely look to pick it up.

I'm also hoping that NISA picks up Tatami Galaxy and the others people have mentioned.

kyokun703 wrote:
Ringking wrote:
I just hope they actually put the title on the spine of the box this time, got 6 NISA premium releases and none of them actually say what they are on the spine, so it looks like I got a bunch of blank boxes on my shelf. Confused

The only one I'm missing spine titles on is Toradora. House of Five Leaves and Kimi ni Todoke both have spine titles.

My copy of Arakawa Under the Bridge season 1 is also missing a spine title which I find annoying.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Wonderful. Just wonderful.

SCREW YOU, NIS. SCREW YOU ALL. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Hahaha and that's your own fault.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

kyokun703 wrote:
Ringking wrote:
I just hope they actually put the title on the spine of the box this time, got 6 NISA premium releases and none of them actually say what they are on the spine, so it looks like I got a bunch of blank boxes on my shelf. Confused

The only one I'm missing spine titles on is Toradora. House of Five Leaves and Kimi ni Todoke both have spine titles.

My copy of Arakawa Under the Bridge season 1 is also missing a spine title which I find annoying.

Same goes for Pandora Hearts.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
*gasp* Shocked Really?!
Bunny Drop is coming to America?!
I don't have to import the series from Australia?!?! Shocked
And it will include those four cute special episodes and a hardcover art book on DVD/Blur-Ray!!! (O////O)

YES!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy right now~ Very Happy
NIS America, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!! Anime hyper
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

kyokun703 wrote:
Ringking wrote:

Same goes for Pandora Hearts.

Right, but what's annoying about Arakawa is that season 2 does have a spine title which just makes it feel inconsistent unlike Katanagatari where both seasons have no spine titles.
Goggen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Well, if it's the price that's prohibitive for you, then the show is still up on Crunchyroll so you can watch it if you want to. (If you live in the USA.)

And also if you live outside the USA, depending on where.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
NISA continues to show why they're an awesome company. Don't get me wrong, I love my mindless fanservice filled fluff, but when I can get quality like this, it makes me extremely happy. This is definitely a title I don't mind sticking with my "buy everything NISA releases" stance.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Yay! I'm so happy that NISA picked this one up, rather than Funi or ADV, since we'll get a quality set (give or take more than a few production issues over the years, which are generally fixed) instead of something barebones... I'll readily double-dip for this BD set. I would have ignored a DVD-only release, unfortunately.

Best news of the con so far, but there's a bit more to come (although with NISA, Aniplex [who didn't announce anything], and ADV [who only mentioned one title that I have a slight interest in] out of the way, I don't know if there's anything remaining to get too excited about). Let's see what's left, I guess.

Yippie Ki Yay to you and better to be on both DVD+Blu-Ray Combo Pack then bringing up Funi and Sentai and no broadcast besides crunchyroll (wished is on syndication block)

SpacemanHardy wrote:

This.
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I have no interest in this anime but wow. Less that a year for a release? I wish the jackasses at Funimation would release their anime this quickly.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
11G4GUNOT wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
Yay! I'm so happy that NISA picked this one up, rather than Funi or ADV, since we'll get a quality set (give or take more than a few production issues over the years, which are generally fixed) instead of something barebones... I'll readily double-dip for this BD set. I would have ignored a DVD-only release, unfortunately.

Best news of the con so far, but there's a bit more to come (although with NISA, Aniplex [who didn't announce anything], and ADV [who only mentioned one title that I have a slight interest in] out of the way, I don't know if there's anything remaining to get too excited about). Let's see what's left, I guess.

Yippie Ki Yay to you and better to be on both DVD+Blu-Ray Combo Pack then bringing up Funi and Sentai and no broadcast besides crunchyroll (wished is on syndication block)

SpacemanHardy wrote:

This.

this series getting a dub or beyond sub only from sentai.. your kidding me right? I honestly mean this your joking me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I honestly believe that NIS always licenses the Hidden Diamonds of anime Razz seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14