• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Video Game Survey

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I always find "crossover demographics" to be a poor excuse. Not only is is impossible to actually measure ("Most anime fans also like X!" Really? You asked every anime fan?)

They're not asking "every anime fan", they're asking Regular users of Anime News Network.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Even if an overwhelming liked Call of Duty, why should that matter? This is an anime site first and foremost, and it should only cover stuff related to anime. Stuff like JRPGs, VNs and other Japanese games with anime in them is fair game, but an American made shooter? How does that fit in the scope of the site at all?

I had a sneaking feeling about the purpose, before it was posted, so glad I answered NO to both of the final questions. My first inclination was to be a little more moderate in the response, but I just don't want to support a foothold for increasing the amount of game coverage. What is happening now is one thing, though lately it seems rather excessive (maybe just a busy season.) However, considering manga/novels still do not totally feel integrated into the once 100%-anime-only treatment, further "legitimizing" coverage of games doesn't sit well with me.
facespace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Expelliarmus! spell of choice.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
but the survey was not up very long!

how nice!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Sad that Dragon Quest/Warrior is so low; surprised that Street Fighter and DDR-clones too; yet those got decent coverage here. Assassin's Creed, Elder's Scroll, GTA got some creds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6