• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star 6 LE Cancellation Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Though this must be disappointing to those who bought all the other LE DVD volumes, at least this hasn't been abandoned completely.

mulrich wrote:
RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Brooklyn rage?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
So what extras would people be missing with the loss of the last LE? Confused
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I've been buying the LEs and very much enjoying the character CDs but at least the sixth volume will come out. I'd like to hear Bandai say "we're doing a reversible cover so at least LE buyers can have that last crazy crayon cover" but I'm not expecting that. I think Bandai wasted a lot of money with those shirts and should have left them out and charged a little less for the LEs. If that had happned, I think the LEs would have sold better.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I've been buying the LEs and very much enjoying the character CDs but at least the sixth volume will come out. I'd like to hear Bandai say "we're doing a reversible cover so at least LE buyers can have that last crazy crayon cover" but I'm not expecting that. I think Bandai wasted a lot of money with those shirts and should have left them out and charged a little less for the LEs. If that had happned, I think the LEs would have sold better.

Stupid Lucky Star otakus making the LEs even more expensive for the rest of us!
(Hmmm... where did I hear that argument before? Laughing )
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
aw man...

I was looking forward to the 6th and final LE volume myself too...

this bites since I have Japanese LE volumes and they don't have crayon cover...

now what?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?

So disappointing... D;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
_Emi_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Failing that, they should make the image downloadable so you can print your own.

I much prefer that Bandai have the regular edition covers available as a download as I prefer them over the crayon covers.

Richard J. wrote:
I've been buying the LEs and very much enjoying the character CDs but at least the sixth volume will come out.

Well, they did release all of the Haruhi character CDs so hopefully they'll do the same for Lucky Star.

Quote:
I think Bandai wasted a lot of money with those shirts and should have left them out and charged a little less for the LEs.

I think Bandai shouldn't have bothered with the LEs beyond V.1 and released the character CDs separately for those that would care to have them.
cool3865

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
i have all of the LE sets of lucky star and right now there are not enough words to describe how pissed off i am.
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
This was the first series I was buying all the LE's for. Looks like I'm going to reverse to my boxset only/ wait until they're all out strategy. So far that's taken me out of all the companies singles. They won't see my money until they finish their releases.

Well, they are going to finish the series, just the last disk isn't going to get a LE release.

That does really suck for all the people who were buying the show LE, as well, usually people who buy LE disks are kind of fanatical about their collections.
But a person can't really blame Bandai for this. There's no point in them releasing another LE set for a series that isn't selling as well as they hoped. It does suck for the fans, but at the same time, it would be worse for Bandai to get themselves into the red over this. --So says the person patiently waiting and hoping for the last disk for Welcome to the NHK!
Myself, I was just planning on getting the first disk LE just for the art box and then buying the rest normal, as I really have no need for T-shirts with Japanese schoolgirl bathing suits printed on them.
MJP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
So who here that actually bought any of the LEs downloaded the songs first and has them anyway?

And who here has actually worn the shirts?

Translation: who is being a self-righteous "BUY AMERICAN DVDS OR ANIME WILL DIE punk, who is suffering from "I DLED AND MUST MAKE MY WORSHIPFUL KONATAXKAGAMI PAIRING PROFITABLE," and who is thinking that Kadokawa got it right by putting out English subs for Haruhi-chan?

I think it's worth note that since they did that, there are absolutely zero fansubs of those super-popular shows/subcultural bits/whatever the hell Churuya is.

(Note: I love Lucky Star and Haruhi, watched them on fansubs, and have no plans to buy them until boxsets happen for cheap. Deal with it.)
se37

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Damn, this sucks for me. As I have all of the LE DVD's and I was waiting for the final one. At least now it has been confirmed so I won't have to wait forever to get the last DVD, even if I've already seen the whole series even the OVA. However, with Lucky Star I'm most likey going to triple dip this one and get the Japanese DVD's too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
This was the first series I was buying all the LE's for. Looks like I'm going to reverse to my boxset only/ wait until they're all out strategy. So far that's taken me out of all the companies singles. They won't see my money until they finish their releases.

Then when no one buys them they won't release them at all
Konstantin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, dammit, now my LS collection is going to be all lopsided.

On the other hand, shelf space! Sweet precious shelf space!
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
That sucks if you were buying the LE's. I was just waiting for the complete set so I hope they still choose to do that. The prices were pretty high and I couldn't really find any sale good enough to justify buying them all when I could buy the merchandise I wanted separately for cheaper and save a lot of space by buying the complete set.

Maybe they should do premium half sets or something. You know half the series with some of the merchandise.
e-imi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
UGH. I am so pissed. I never liked Bandai in the first place, but I really liked Haruhi and Lucky Star so I was planning on buying all the LE. But now, I'm really angry.

The next time I buy a Bandai series probably will be very far off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9