• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Con Feedback Panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
If person who would have done the Geneon Retrospective was ill and they didn't have permission to do it anyway, then there couldn't be a Geneon Retrospective.

Something's "off" here. I don't know if it was all on FUNi or partly on Otakon or what (I believe Jim's explanation btw). But the whole REASON companies always say they can't tell you anything until the ink is dry is to avoid this kind of scenario. If the panelist had a personal issue, I get that. But if there was ANY possibility that they weren't going to be able to present the material, then I'm curious WHY the panel was put up in the first place. I find it odd that an anime company would commit to a panel that they hadn't confirmed they'd be "capable" of doing (from a legal perspective, again, panelist issues falls into the "things happen" category)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2