• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-03-04

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H.A. Senidal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote
Heh, TTGL for the win. Gotta love the energy. *Plays "Sorairo Days"*
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quote
I have to admit I slip in GL references like that when I'm mildly pissed at someone just to freak em out. XP
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
coming from a guy who waxes lyrical about CG every time it comes up.

With all due respect, have you ever heard me talk about what a total disaster most of Code Geass: R2 was? If you thought I gave TTGL a hard time, you should check out my many, many no-holds-barred rants about that particular train-wreck.

I guess I'm an equal opportunity kind of ranter. Hah.

Fair enough; I have seen some of those, I had just forgotten about them. Maybe whatever incarnation of Geass comes next will recover some of season 1's glory, huh? Not that I hate R2, but I can see why some people preferred the first season.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Quote:
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!!

Someone who isn't going to get what they want in life simply by yelling at it.

Unless of course you have an almighty fully armed super robot to back up you Righteous Indignation!!!!

Great strip by the way! Wink It's got the Koji Kabuto Seal of Approval... Hot Bloodedly Stomping Evil in the A$$ since 1972!!!!!!!!! Cool

Last edited by Vicserr on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote
lol, awesome comic, Robin. Very Happy
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Opinion about TTGL

Okay, I hate to have to call you on this since I'm also a big Code Geass fan, but hearing you criticize TTGL for being an extremely energetic show and thematically unassuming sounds rather hypocritical, coming from a guy who waxes lyrical about CG every time it comes up. You're bashing one show for espousing the virtuosity of over-simplified attitudes towards life, but not the other (and don't tell me that you honestly think Lelouch was on the right track with his "kill yourselves" approach towards using Geass).

Furthermore, both shows have a similar taste for grand theatrics; however, where TTGL is aware that at its core it is a kid's show -- and therefore makes consistently appropriate use of its previously mentioned energy -- CG sometimes takes itself too seriously, or not seriously enough for that matter (ala Arthur stealing Lelouch's mask in season 1).

Anyway, your criticisms of TTGL were a little too serious business, is all I'm saying. You dislike the the show, that's cool; but don't justify your opinion on the basis of the show's supposed immaturity, when there are a plethora of other hits out there that are similarly structured.

It's not just the "Rule of Cool", it's a tradition passed down from a holy source, created by one of the greatest manga/anime creators of the 20th century... Grand master Go Nagai passed this legacy to the Unwashed Masses(TM), this legacy of Action, adventure, the hot blooded hero, the modern interpretation of the heroic ideal and his mechanized knight, a hero that will let nothing or nobody, be it human, alien, monster or any combination of them to stand in the way of justice and freedom!!!!! and in April you'll have a chance to experience this great legacy once again!!!!

Although TTGL success eclipsed the equally awesome Kotetsu Shin Jeeg, Nobody Does it Better than Go Nagai. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
RedTail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote
This hand of mine is burning red...
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
I admit I let out an audible giggle at the rising stamps bit

haha. Good one.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Someone who isn't going to get what they want in life simply by yelling at it.

Welcome to my world. Try telling that to retail customers when they complain about the prices of everything going up. They'll complain even if it's ten cents more for an item these days. I know that you're all hit by the economy but give me a break.

Welcome to my world as well. With tech support I've had worse. I've had people complain to me and expected me to personally change something about the website I used to support (when it fact it was the developers who changed it). I usually told them that I was not able to do that since I didn't make the change myself and usually people got mad, but I got such a kick out of telling people that I can't help them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
Ha! This is great! Anime smile

And don't forget...Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote
Flames are never in my background when I give manly speeches. Sad
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
coming from a guy who waxes lyrical about CG every time it comes up.

With all due respect, have you ever heard me talk about what a total disaster most of Code Geass: R2 was? If you thought I gave TTGL a hard time, you should check out my many, many no-holds-barred rants about that particular train-wreck.

I guess I'm an equal opportunity kind of ranter. Hah.

...Do you like anything at all? First the awesomeness of TTGL, you barely tolerated Haruhi, apparently, and call R2 a "trainwreck"? High standards much?

Or maybe just confused, 'cause I'm pretty sure all three of those were just plain awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I don't mind the price-jack, but I don't like that they're taking down my local mail-boxes, thus forcing me to go to the post office to drop off my mail. Mad

Tell me about it, being rural I have never had the pleasure of a local mailbox or home delivery and have to drive 16 miles round trip to pick up my mail at the PO. AND have to pay $50 a year for the privilege because they say I have the opportunity to have a local box 2 miles away from my house (yeah, that makes me feel safe about my mail, NOT)!!
So, gooooo Nina ... great strip this week, I feel your frustration ... Death and Taxes and You can't fight City Hall (or the US Post Office) Smile
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
DarkSaiyan00 wrote:
PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL!!!!!

awesome strip

Or in this case those pointy ears. Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
Y'know, I've come to realize recently that I largely judge the opinions of people around here based on what they think of certain shows that I hold near and dear, with Gurren-Lagann having joined that group well before I was even finished watching it. If you generally consider it to be a rather large helping of awesome and GAR and win, then well-met, and I'll probably wind up agreeing with the majority of your opinions on other series. If, however, you have a general distaste for the show or write up some dubious rant about it, odds are that I'll most likely disagree with the majority of your viewpoints, and I won't put a whole lot of stock in your opinions. It's held up amazingly well for me thus far.

*totally wants random flames to appear around him at dramatic moments*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7