• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Teachers in Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
Why is it that the best teachers are in anime? I mean really!? I'm starting my Junior year tomorrow and I know for a fact that there aren't going to be any teachers lke the ones in Anime! There are so many I want to be like when I become an art teacher! And there are plenty more I would like to have as a student. Personally I'd want to have Miss Yukari from Azumanga Daioh, Mr. Onizuka from "Great Teacher Onizuka", Zetsubou Sensei from "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and I want to be like Mr. Onizuka, Ms. Yukari and Nyamo (also from Azumanga Daioh), A bad ***, laid back, hilarious yet kind and caring teacher who only wants the best for their students kind of teacher. Very Happy As for ones I don't want to be like or have as a student, that's easy. That crazy lady from Kodocha who's face keeps cracking is a weasle so I don't want her, Zetsubou Sensei is insane so I know I don't want to grow up to be like him although it would be fun to HAVE him as a teacher and Mr. Kimura from Azumanga Daioh, ( you all know why). What anime teachers do you want to have? What ones do you not wanna have? What ones do you want to be like if you become a teacher, or what anime teacher do you want to trade lives with? (I'm excited to hear all your responses!) \( ^ u ^)/
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
From your list, you would not mind a teacher that pretty much treats her job pretty poorly like turning a language class into sports because she was bored, or any number of ego boosting activities. Or a suicidal teacher that goes off on huge tangents about subjects of no importance, and ruining any image of authority.

I guess there are worse

I have had enough teachers that go so off topic that they are not helping the students learn what they should. Happened when I was in TAFE courses.

If I had to say one straight away, would probably say Komoe from Index; she is so adorable, as well as intelligent and competent in that. She had her entire class wanting to fight for her in the sports competition.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Mizuho-sensei from Please Teacher! is my priority one.

Glasses. Pink hair. And benefits....

There is little not to like about her.
EricJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
From your list, you would not mind a teacher that pretty much treats her job pretty poorly like turning a language class into sports because she was bored,

I guess the poster would, they mentioned Ms. Yukari twice. Razz

Sort of the high school equivalent of having Ms. Haruna from Sailor Moon (classic), but not as nice as having Ms. Mizuki from Card Captor Sakura get involved in all your personal affairs without "knowing anything about it".

And certainly, it would be better to have the Tomobiki HS Principal from Urusei Yatsura in charge than long-suffering every-school's-stereotype Mr. Onsen-mark, or the overbearingly inspirational substitute teacher from Ranma 1/2.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Being a teacher myself, I sort of regret I do not have enough students like lets say Fujio Himejima or Tsuruko from AnoHana: studious, serious, hard-working, but that's I guess a topic for another discussion.

I'll go the boring way, I would not mind to have a teacher such as Erin's (from Beast Player Erin) mentors throughout her journey through to adulthood- wise, balanced, open-minded, confident and helping to develop your skills.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1