• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detroit Metal City Singer Kaji Beat Up, Robbed in Sweden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sceleris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
Question to the Swedish posters:
Do you think this crime was racially motivated?

Probably not. I've never really seen racism against asians here. (Granted, I might have missed it.) I think most tension between ethnic groups is between some "ethnic Swedes" and immigrants from eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and that concentrated in and close to ghettos like in Malmö. It's more calm elsewhere. My guess is they were delinquents from poor families who thought it would be fun to beat up a man dressed like a pineapple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Altorrin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Though, despite the crime, I laughed at "Literally beating the stuffing out of him" but wow, is the guy ok? No injuries?

You aren't alone. Anime hyper That was actually quite funny. I'm trying to be serious but failing.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This calls for a T-shirt:

"Please don't pummel our pineapples!"
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
A reminder of the rules
Wait, was there a racist post in this thread that I missed/was deleted or was that just a preemptive "act like civilized mammals" post?

Take the whole thing as a life lesson: Always be on guard and preferably armed. Especially if you're around expensive stuff dressed in a silly costume.

Okay, I'm sorry, I tried to be serious but I just can't get the pineapple costume off my mind. It's terrible what happened to the man and I'm glad he's not in worse shape but damn that would have been funny to see if not for the fact it wasn't a staged comedy act.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
tempest wrote:
A reminder of the rules
Wait, was there a racist post in this thread that I missed/was deleted or was that just a preemptive "act like civilized mammals" post?

Yes, there were several -- and now those posts, like the poster who made them, are no longer part of our universe.

Rejoice.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3