• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy XIII Site Confirms 'New Direction' for Lightning

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Why does the worst bleeping Numbered Final Fantasy get a third game? The first one was awful, as was the second one. And now another one. There comes a point in time when you need to walk away.

I thought 1 was the worst? Rolling Eyes

The amount of hate I've seen for XIII is ridiculous. Sorry, if they didn't live up to your 'standards'. Fun is subjective and as such, they are people, like myself, who enjoyed them.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Have they not figured out that most people don't care about Ff13 anymore?

I'm proud to say that...after stopping FF13 half-way through the game, that I have NOT bought ff13-2.. I've resolved myself to the Tales series, which is, much better, imo.

Don't take me too wrong here; ff13 is pretty and I know ff13-2 is pretty, but... it's not what I want of a FF game...
...and even when they announced the original ff13; I was more drawn to ff versus 13 more.

If they keep with the ff13 b.s. they're going to run most of their fanbase off and lose the series all together; it's already been going downhill for a while. FFx was the last epic one. Ff12 was good but it lacked...something... ff11 and ff14 should not have been numbered.

Wow, I ranted, heh. I'm done.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Whelp...I think this is it. This is the moment I officially stop caring about Final Fantasy. Maybe that'll change at some point. Maybe if/when Versus finally comes out I'll start caring again. For now though my default response is gonna have to be "meh" until the series actually does something to get me into it again.
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Sales of the second game are 63% lower then the original and they are coming out with a 3rd game? I'm guessing that this will be a crap load of reused code and graphics.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:

I'm proud to say that...after stopping FF13 half-way through the game, that I have NOT bought ff13-2.. I've resolved myself to the Tales series, which is, much better, imo.

Don't take me too wrong here; ff13 is pretty and I know ff13-2 is pretty, but... it's not what I want of a FF game...
...and even when they announced the original ff13; I was more drawn to ff versus 13 more.

If they keep with the ff13 b.s. they're going to run most of their fanbase off and lose the series all together; it's already been going downhill for a while. FFx was the last epic one. Ff12 was good but it lacked...something... ff11 and ff14 should not have been numbered.

As Zac would say "and you are apparently the chief authority on such matters and your opinion is law "

wwww
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:

As Zac would say "and you are apparently the chief authority on such matters and your opinion is law "

I don't know. If the statistic jsieczkar posted is correct then Lady Multi is at least technically correct. The majority of fans don't care about FF13 anymore. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
She's actually a guy?!?!?!
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
BonusStage wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:

I don't know. If the statistic jsieczkar posted is correct then Lady Multi is at least technically correct. The majority of fans don't care about FF13 anymore. Laughing

True stats (took me like... 2 seconds to google search it):
2009 PS3, 360 Final Fantasy XIII 6.71 million worldwide
2011 PS3, 360 Final Fantasy XIII-2 2.55 million worldwide

...thus meaning 4.16 million of those who bought ff13 DID NOT buy ff13-2. So MAJORITY it is. Smile

So yeah, jsieczkar was close to correct. Basically.... 62% of people who got FF13 did not continue the series. So...if the trend continues. Due to stats, FF13-3 will likely sale under 2.5 million copies.

EDIT: and did you know that FFx-2 has sold twice the amount of copies as ff13-2. xD I didn't know that... that's lol funny. Smile Guess the should've made the ff13 characters act like strippers in 13-2. xD

Last edited by Lady Multi on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:

wwww

Not once did I say that my opinion is law. I just stated facts and then my own opinion. And I do not respect people, as you, who try to hide behind someone else's words; If you desire to say something about my opinion, use your own words and not someone else's.

Back to the topic... you are aware that apx. 62% of the people who bought ff13 did not buy ff13-2. (this does not take into account how many bought ff13-2 and not ff13; it's impossible to tell this). Don't believe me? Do the research for yourself; and when you have your own opinion, and not someone else's, you can come back to me to continue with discussion.

And since this is life and the internet is part of life, I can have as many opinions as I want and can display my opinions on such. Smile Have a nice day. Smile
ReAnimate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
I thought XIII was so poor I couldn't even finish it.
Sure, Lightning was an interesting character, but the gameplay and linearity of the initial game was so annoying!

Pass on anything starting with Final Fantasy XIII-.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Why does the worst bleeping Numbered Final Fantasy get a third game? The first one was awful, as was the second one. And now another one. There comes a point in time when you need to walk away.

I thought 1 was the worst? Rolling Eyes

The amount of hate I've seen for XIII is ridiculous. Sorry, if they didn't live up to your 'standards'. Fun is subjective and as such, they are people, like myself, who enjoyed them.

9 is the worst if you go by sales numbers, followed by 12.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
anyone with a brain does not give a damn about Motomu Toriyama's abysmal writing. The guy is the biggest hack in the gaming industry.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
anyone with a brain does not give a damn about Motomu Toriyama's abysmal writing. The guy is the biggest hack in the gaming industry.

didn't know he wrote for the Call of Duty games.
Regannator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm...just gonna come out and say it lol. :X Final Fantasy has become a joke, second only to Kingdom Hearts in being disgustingly retarded in terms of concept, story and gameplay.

And lo and behold, both are Square Enix, and both are masterminded by Toriyama and Nomura. The banes of the Japanese videogame industry.

AiddonValentine wrote:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951986-final-fantasy-type-0/63707277?results=1#1

Laughing It hurts to be wrong, especially when you know you ought to be right. It's a kick in the nuts I feel often.

Charred Knight wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

didn't know he wrote for the Call of Duty games.

He wrote The 3rd Birthday. Compared to that, Call of Duty is practically Finnegans Wake.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
I'm...just gonna come out and say it lol. :X Final Fantasy has become a joke, second only to Kingdom Hearts in being disgustingly retarded in terms of concept, story and gameplay.

And lo and behold, both are Square Enix, and both are masterminded by Toriyama and Nomura. The banes of the Japanese videogame industry.

*sign*

You know, I'm one of the people who agrees the Final Fantasy has lost it's way...but even I find this kind of fanboy dramatics immensely tiresome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3