• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket Momiji Plush

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Recently released this is really one cute plush. I wish it had come out earlier but there is still a chance one can arrive by Christmas. Tomorrow is the last day Priority Mail may arrive for the holiday so if you want one for Xmas now is the time.

Have a look at Momiji and see if you want to adopt her.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Actually, in order to get it by Christmas, you'd have to go with the next day EMS (Express Mail) in order to get it by Christmas. This is because during the holiday season, the USPS suspends all guarantees on the shipping transit times for regular and Priority Mail. IF you placed an order today, live within 3-4 states, ship Priority, AND they ship it tomorrow, well then there's a chance it might make it on Friday.

Even with EMS they can't gaurantee next day, so in order to get things in time, you should place any order before noon on Wednesday, even then it might be close.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
If this is true then USPS should think about revising their shipping schedule. According to them they can still get a Priority Mail package out before Xmas if shipped by the 22ed. Sounds crazy to me too, but it would seem it's only EMS that they can't be certain over.

But then again, when is the mail ever on time? It took a package I orderd earlier this month 6 days to get here Priority from Il. Actually the entire delivery was a botch and USPS forgot to update the site on delivery status. I have little faith in USPS.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Most of our shippments have been taking 2 days even with the holidays and EMS has fortunately been next day. It helps that our postage is metered so they have less processing to do then other mail.

Still you are very correct. It would have to be shipped tomorrow and there is a chance Priority will make it by Friday. Given the volume of mail, it's bound to be delayed.

EMS is usually next day if dropped off before the deadline. However there are some remote locations that do not get it as fast. I used to mail to Pensacola, FL. and EMS shipments took 2 days even though I would ship them at 9am.

Still... from my experience most folks don't get anime goods as gifts at this time of the month. Goods fill the gimme need. Twisted Evil
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
But then again, when is the mail ever on time? It took a package I orderd earlier this month 6 days to get here Priority from Il. Actually the entire delivery was a botch and USPS forgot to update the site on delivery status. I have little faith in USPS.

I have some faith in them but there are times they really drop the ball. Recently I had a media mail package that was going to San Jose get rerouted to Atlanta. At least the delivery status was updated however a few months ago I had another media package destined for Seattle that went to Austin and the delivery status was not every updated. At least on both occasions I got the packages returned.

The delivery status/confirmation works best if you have the package processed over the counter. If you do it online the system is very slow and usually updates only when the package is delivered.

I still prefer USPS over UPS since they deliver on Saturdays and cost significantly less then UPS. UPS lost my business when I was shipping about 1000 posters and they split the shipment. The label was lost and I was lucky that I got it redelivered since it had an older label. However when then posters were returned the UPS guy never knocked and left them out in the rain. I found them in a puddle. It took 35 min to resolve the situation with their customer service and I never once got an apology.

You're boned either way. It's just less painful with USPS.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the only reason I know that they rescind the Priority Mail guarantee is because I had a rather lenghty discussion with our local postmasters over this. Basically I had something sent to me by Priority Mail and rather than the 2-3 days they say, it actually took a full week and a half.

PM still has a CHANCE that it will stay to the schedule, but really only if you're within the same state or neighboring states. Cross-country is almost a joke this time of the year. And since it still has a chance, why advertise that it might not actually stay on time? After all, the USPS has been really considering suspending Saturday delivery due to budget constraints, why get rid of a holiday cash cow.

Besides, at our local place, the current PM poster has a holiday shipping schedule on it (ie. mail by this day to get it there by this day sorta thing), and in tiny print almost the same color as the background at the bottom a little disclaimer stating that delivery could take longer than stated due to holiday mail volume. It's a joke really. Right there they're saying it'll make it there on time, but it might not.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
If this is true then USPS should think about revising their shipping schedule. According to them they can still get a Priority Mail package out before Xmas if shipped by the 22ed. Sounds crazy to me too, but it would seem it's only EMS that they can't be certain over.

Emerje

Most of their quotes are for the Continetal US. It doesn't factor in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, US Trust Territories, etc., etc.......

But then again, their a monopolistic quasi-govermental organization. What did ya expect, Fed-Ex/UPS/Airborne Express Quality?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1