• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-04-29

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Netstryke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I guess there's only one thing left to do.......Hit that Final Fantasy Victory Music!!

See, there is hope for the rest of us! Now get out there and make Kevin proud!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote
Netstryke wrote:
I guess there's only one thing left to do.......Hit that Final Fantasy Victory Music!!

Because I am a gamer of fifteen years, you don't know how happy I am that there are still some people who actually remember the Final Fantasy victory music. Trust me, I've often wonder if the new generation even knows what Final Fantasy is.

Sorry, bit of a rant there, but I haven't heard that expression in years. But I agree with you, if Kevin is able to talk to a woman (its not easy as it looks for some people) then there is hope for the rest of us.

I really just hope this works out and the woman doesn't have a off the wall personality (When They Cry Higarashi anyone?) But I have a feeling this will work out for the better.
artemiy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
No rly that anime-tentacle-love cant bring anything good but lotsa torn up clothes ... Cant substitute love with tentacle Kevin!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Netstryke wrote:

Because I am a gamer of fifteen years, you don't know how happy I am that there are still some people who actually remember the Final Fantasy victory music. Trust me, I've often wonder if the new generation even knows what Final Fantasy is.

Eh, Final Fantasy is everywhere. Square Enix poops out a new spin-off/remake/port/remake of port every few months. Many of them have the victory theme in there somewhere.

This Megan girl is probably a closet pervert. The Rei and Asuka tentacle figures are just the tip of the iceberg. Huge stacks of yaoi and even yuri manga in every corner of her apartment, a 500GB HD or two filled with eroga, many dubious DVDs...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
Neon Genesis Squidbillies.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
This Megan girl is probably a closet pervert. The Rei and Asuka tentacle figures are just the tip of the iceberg. Huge stacks of yaoi and even yuri manga in every corner of her apartment, a 500GB HD or two filled with eroga, many dubious DVDs...

So, in other words, Kevin's found his soulmate. Yay Kevin! Laughing

(Are there seriously gamers who DON'T know the Final Fantasy Victory Music? I mean, I've never met one. Me and my friends usually yell 'yatta watashi no katase!', ala this old flash.)
Sticks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
Sticks wrote:
Hey, some of us 40-year-olds guys don't look THAT bad...... Geezz, you can't please anyone nowadays.... Laughing ... JK!

Agree, but, if she's 20 years younger than you, she can still be your daughter Mr. Green

No argument there...... Then I'd feel MORE older then I want to.... Laughing
gaius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
What if Megan is the same cosplay girl from the previous comic? Shocked
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Neon Genesis Squidbillies.

well you know that "Ruby Jean "Granny" Cuyler" bears a striking resemblance to Gendo Ikari especially since she's missing a tentacle, and he's missing a hand or something Twisted Evil

yeah, Early as Kaji, Rusty as Shinji... Lil or Krystal as Misato?... it's all making sense...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Tamaria wrote:

So, in other words, Kevin's found his soulmate. Yay Kevin! :lol:

(Are there seriously gamers who DON'T know the Final Fantasy Victory Music? I mean, I've never met one. Me and my friends usually yell 'yatta watashi no katase!', ala this old flash.)

I know this is off topic, but that video was pretty neat. I'd really like to think even a beginer gamer knows the original FF victory music, but times have changed since I started gaming fifteen years ago. Obviously back then there was no such thing as the Internet, let alone a way to hear game music unless the company licensesd it and a store sold it.

But in RPG terms, Kevin is going to need a lot of hp to beat the boss to win. Though this time, the boss isn't something that can easily be beaten by force, Kevin is going to need to come up with a good strategy.
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote
maichips wrote:
I'm just curious what'll happen when Megan and Nina meet! Very Happy

I could see them getting along. But that could just be wishful thinking on my part. Anime catgrin
ryogasasaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
MugenSeiRyuu wrote:

I can also totally see them making Squid Rei and Octopus Asuka. They are milking those two like crazy.

Thanks to your choice of words I have a cow-Rei in my head now... lol
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Kevin would like it if she came to dinner dressed in a tuxedo, struck a cool pose, and in her best James Bond impersonation voice reintroduced herself as:

"I'm Megan. Ani-Megan."

Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
ryogasasaki wrote:
MugenSeiRyuu wrote:

I can also totally see them making Squid Rei and Octopus Asuka. They are milking those two like crazy.

Thanks to your choice of words I have a cow-Rei in my head now... lol

I almost sprayed my keyboard because that mental image is both odd, but hilarious.
pekopon

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope they get together as it would be nice to finally add a new character. There's only so much you can do with three main characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8