• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf, Viki License The Rose of Versailles Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
I will buy it. Good job on pleasing the core group that knows the significance of the show. Monumental achievement for North American industry.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
HOLY MOTHER F***ING $#$%^@#$^!$#%@#$^@$#%@$#!!!!

I'm sorry, but can you please tell us how you really feel? I'm not sure I'm picking up your total enthusiasm here.
Wink

Every once in a blue moon, I'll remind readers I've seen more anime than I can remember, and this is one of those titles. Watching the clip brought back some vivid memories, and I'm disappointed I hadn't thought of "Oscar" in a long time. A very fun character, to say the least.

This series may not appeal to a newer generation of anime fans who have been weened from computer-assisted art and color, but I can't plead enough for them to at least stream four or five episodes later this year.

I don't do this often, but this is a series very few should miss. Streaming and disk. There are no excuses, now.

I plead to Viki the series gets on Crunchyroll, rather than some obscure little site not many have heard of. Even if the streams are delayed by a month for exclusivity, ignoring the huge number of eyeballs at Crunchyroll is ... foolish.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
This is definitely good news. I've heard a lot of about The Rose of Versailles over the years and this would be a welcome excuse to finally watch the entire show and support the creators.

Haven't checked the website or any other details myself, but I just hope they don't take too long before putting up a page for actual pre-orders, even if the releases are still months away.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
HOLY MOTHER F***ING $#$%^@#$^!$#%@#$^@$#%@$#!!!!

I'm going to f***ing cry.

There are no appropriate words or gifs that effectively capture my reaction.

My day has been made.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FOREVER RIGHT STUF!!!!!!

Pretty much my reaction. Wake up from a nap (I blame my cat, she regularly uses the Pokemon move Yawn on me), was checking my email and went "oh yeah, it's 12:37, TRSI's license announcement should've been made by now" but never did I image that it would Roses of mother [expletive] Versailles!
Oh man, I keep getting to grow my collection of older awesome series with Discotek, but oh man oh man oh man! I can't tell if I'm more excited for Pokemon White 2, Digimon season 1, or Rose of Versailles right now! RoV is now currently my only must buy of 2013 (well, Steins;Gate will eventually get a complete collection set, so I can wait for that, but not RoV!) Does this give me hope for the manga :3 Please? I'd totally buy both!
*edit, Wait a sec, I do totally plan to buy Captain Harlock and Mad Bull 34, Mad Bull 34 for reasons that it is bad, and as a 4 ep OVA will probably also be cheap. But CH can totally wait until RoV has been secured.
Villette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Holy cow Rightstuf.

I never thought this day would come!! Dancing for pure happiness right now. Congratulations on making this happen Anime hyper
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
I never thought that this day would come, but I'm so glad that it did! Thank you, Nozomi, I love you forever!!! Very Happy
pangea001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Between everything Discotek is putting out and now this, it's a helluva good time to be a fan of classic anime. And a bad time to be my bank account.
DavidShallcross

I had been thinking vaguely about trying to pick up the Canadian France-language release. This should be better, especially if they can snag the French spoiler[dub]. as an option.
DmonHiro

Oh man... for a second there I thought that someone licensed The Rose of Versailes, but now that I'm reading the title again, I can see that....... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

HOLY FREAKING SHIT!!!!
purplepolecat

Nozomi did a superb job with the recent Utena LE DVD set, the packaging and artbooks were gorgeous. I think we can expect something really special for RoV.
willydingo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Exciting news. (although the series itself isn't exciting)
I'm all for old stuff getting licensed.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
...wait...Shocked

THE ultimate Shojo Classic,
the trendsetter,
the eptiome of Drama,
Class,
Art,
Story,
Characters,
Romance,
and from the HIGHLY RESPECTED Madame Riyoko Ikeda's

Rose of Versailles is LEGALLY coming to America?!

Damn it, Nozomi, you made me cry.

Anime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cryAnime cry
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Looks like Zac and Justin are going to have something to talk about on the next ANNcast.

Actually, it would be a good excuse for another interview with Shawne Kleckner. Hearing how he scored this license would make for interesting listening.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
It's like hell froze over! I'm excited though. I'll be picking this one up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I don't think I have ever been caught by surprise by any announcement EVER as much as this one. While I have some issues with the ending of the series, Rose of Versailles is absolutely amazing and yeah, I pretty much can't say anything that others haven't already flailed around about in this thread.

Just WOW.

I guess I may have to go back to my Rose of Versailles avatar Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11