• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Darker than Black TV Anime Sequel Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess I'd better get a move on and see the first season then.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Well this news certainly made my day! Anime hyper
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hell yes! Best news in a while.
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Aaawesome! Gotta wonder how "false" that document really was, heh. Kind of been waiting for this ever since FMA Brotherhood was officially announced.

Getting into more of the backstory would be excellent. I am curious to see how they would pick up from where they left off, though. This makes me wish certain characters hadn't died the 1st time around - that was one of my only gripes with the 1st series, I felt characters were killed off a bit too easily.

Well, at any rate, I can't wait to see how this turns out, and I'm sure BONES will do an excellent job, like usual! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, more Darker than Black! Awesome, awesome, awesome! Cool
Zipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty sweet. I haven't finished the first season yet though. I need to hop on that. I enjoyed what I saw.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Bones is a busy studio lately, isn't it? Busy busy busy. Also, probably my current favorite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
I really enjoyed Darker Than Black but I don't think it needed any more then it did. I'll check it out but really not sure where else it can go.

It needed a lot more. In some ways, the story had only just begun by the end - it wasn't really a finale so much as a turning point.

This is the best news I've heard on new series in a good long while. BONES is a great studio (though Manglobe and Production I.G. still get a bit of priority in my studio ranking).
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Yes!! ..... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Ok, got that off my chest... So looking forward to it.. Sooo so soo looking forward to it. Curious how it's going to be since the ending of the 1st season was kind of...sad.. >.<
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote
Great news, I like the first series and, even it had a decent ending, they can built much more upon the characters and the scenario! ^^

Looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
If Yoko Kanno is behind the music production again then i will definitely be in. One of my favorite soundtracks in the last few years along with Banoaco!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anime-review

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
what on earth are you guys talking about? "not sure where the series will go after last episode of season 1"?

did we forget the whole conversation hei had with amber when he made his decision for normal humans and contractors to coexist, and how the syndicate will be after him for his life afterwards?

i hope second season will come with lots of soundtracks that were used in the first season but were not included in the ost.
swienke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I just finished the series this morning and the fact that a second season will be coming out is a relief. The series was good and I really enjoyed it, but there's a lot of background stuff that I think they need to go into for the second season.
weils

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:22 am Reply with quote
Some details of the crew working on the 2nd season is announced on the official DTB website: http://www.d-black.net/
weils

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote

The title for the sequel will be called Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini and scheduled to be aired from October 2009 onwards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3