• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
speaking of cartoon network.. where's ADULT SWIM?!?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotSauce112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Last week, Chars Counterattack was shown for the whole adult swim block... but when i saw the saturday schedule for 1/11 on cartoonnetwork.com, I didn't see Inu Yasha or anything like that.

So... could anyone tell me if adult swim is still gonna be aired?

If not, when will it come back?

I want my Inu Yasha Sad
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Saturday Adult Swim is gone.

But, starting Sunday, AS goes 5 days a week. Inu Yasha is getting shelved for a bit until the new episodes are dubbed and completed, but in it's place will be Peter Cheung's oft-delayed Reign, as well as the excellent Lupin III and new eps of Yu Yu Hakusho. Inu Yasha will be back soon, as well as the premier of Trigun.

I think it's pretty cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote
It will be on Monday, 12 AM EST to 3 AM. Inu Yasha will be on at 1 AM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Ah, seriously? Riight...I fergot about that. Oh well, that sucks cause I can't stay up til one in the morning to watch all dat anime. We'll just have to tape it, once again!

Animal Cops is Animal Precient, only ghetto and not in NYC.

Question! Question Is anyone here the only anime fan at their school? I am. We're a rare breed, you know. There are the hommies and such who like DBZ for the fighting, and the girls who used to watch sailor moon when they were little, but that's it. Blaha!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:13 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Inu Yasha is getting shelved for a bit until the new episodes are dubbed and completed

Just a correction, but Inu Yasha is still on for the next 3 weeks with new episodes 4 nights a week. On Feb 10th Reign takes over and switches time slots with Lupin.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ferquin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait. Is Lupin III being bumped for Reign or is it gonna be moved to another time slot? 'Cause I would think they'd have a bunch more new episodes ready for broadcast once Reign steps in.

And are there really new episodes of YuYu Hakusho? I was looking at the schedule and it looks like they're starting it over again this week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
Wait. Is Lupin III being bumped for Reign or is it gonna be moved to another time slot? 'Cause I would think they'd have a bunch more new episodes ready for broadcast once Reign steps in.

Just switching places. On the Jan 13th they'll be showing in order of Lupin III, Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Cowboy Bebop. Starting on Feb they'll be showing in the order of Reign, Lupin III, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Cowboy Bebop.

Quote:
And are there really new episodes of YuYu Hakusho? I was looking at the schedule and it looks like they're starting it over again this week.

As far as I know it's season on Cartoon Network is over, but I think the DVDs are still coming out with new eps. FUNi is great that way, they don't stop their DVDs just because a TV season is over. It'll be back.

Emerje
Ferquin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, what I meant was were they going to be broadcasting new episodes of YYH. I guess they aren't then, huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
Well, what I meant was were they going to be broadcasting new episodes of YYH. I guess they aren't then, huh?

Oh, of course they will. CN just needs to collect a few dozen new episodes from Funi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ferquin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:06 pm Reply with quote
So, I take it we won't see any new episodes on TV until summer then.
hikarintakeru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Hm... I don't have cable =/ I was riding the subway and saw an ad for Futurama in ADULT SWIM for CN... is that really true? O_o;
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:46 pm Reply with quote
hikarintakeru wrote:
Hm... I don't have cable =/ I was riding the subway and saw an ad for Futurama in ADULT SWIM for CN... is that really true? O_o;

Yup.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

Question! Question Is anyone here the only anime fan at their school? I am. We're a rare breed, you know. There are the hommies and such who like DBZ for the fighting, and the girls who used to watch sailor moon when they were little, but that's it. Blaha!

I'm not, but I thought I was at one time. (And my school only has some 400 kids.)

Ask around a bit more. You might be surprised.
ultrabot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:01 pm Reply with quote
looking at the schedule for saturday, wasn't .Hack//SIGN going to be on in there somewhere? or did they delay it til the dvd comes out?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:43 pm Reply with quote
ultrabot wrote:
looking at the schedule for saturday, wasn't .Hack//SIGN going to be on in there somewhere? or did they delay it til the dvd comes out?
The CN schedule is showing it on Feb 1st at 3PM, but the strange thing about it is that's the only listing they have for it so it could just be a place holder to show that they do have it and will be showing it soon. They haven't even got a description of it up yet.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3