• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi Manga Reportedly on Hiatus Due to Creator's Health

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote
He was probably threatened for his life because of that development. Otaku are an odd bunch. Also, I'm sure the massive boycotting of his manga wouldn't help either.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote
LOL I almost feel bad for those people that paid 250 for the fanclub card and the manga never finishes. That has to suck hard.
TheBigN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo: The mangaka is a she FYI.

It's a sad development, regardless of whatever caused the situation. :/
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
Oh, no, that's so sad. First Hoshino-sensei (D.Gray-man) and now Eri Takenashi as well. I hope they all get better.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
Enlighten the ignorant about the revelation that happened in the manga?
uguuayu0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quote
Nagi was revealed to have ot been a virgin. So, apparently all the otaku who worship Nagi because of her pureness got outraged.
Tl:Dr
Nagi isn't a virgin, people get mad
The logic here is ridiculous though, there are no virgin trees, as soo as they pollenate, BOOM! There goes the virginity.

Thank You
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Enlighten the ignorant about the revelation that happened in the manga?

In short - spoiler[Nagi apparently has an ex-boyfriend, which raises the possibility that she might not be a virgin.]
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
It was assumed spoiler[that Nagi is not a virgin. (In fact, It was god form Nagi that said it and not human Nagi.] )It was never stated. Otaku got all upset that their "wife" had feelings for someone else even though it was hinted at in previous volumes and destroyed their manga collections, threatened boycotts etc. Then they were upset that this was introducing shojo elements into a shonen manga.

It was funny and really pathetic.

In short, a money maker got decreased to a losing franchise because of a plot development that went counter to otaku culture. In a way, a feel sorry for the mangaka but she should have known better. It would have been okay if this was a seinen manga.

Hope she gets better soon so she can salvage her franchise out of the garbage bin.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Nuts. I mean, I understand recognizing that a 2D character is cute or attractive, but to elevate that to feelings of said character being one's wife is just nuts.

Well, a buddy told me to check out the anime, so I guess now that I have some free time, I'll do that. Thanks for the low-down, y'all. Anime smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote
You know, all this "drama" and controversy makes me want to check out Kannagi even more. Funny how that works out.

And I hope the manga-ka gets well soon!
VIPPER.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
People getting mad over the virgin thing is half people making fun of people getting mad over the virgin thing by buying cheap used copies of the manga then tearing them up. That's how we at 2ch roll w
Shii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
I thought people were just tearing it up because it's a crappy manga.
pparker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Well, a buddy told me to check out the anime, so I guess now that I have some free time, I'll do that. Thanks for the low-down, y'all. Anime smile

The anime is all win. It and Toradora! still seem to be tied for best harem/rom-com/whatever comedy series this season, but I think Kannagi wins. The boycott thing is such BS, and really disgusting if it affects an artist's livelihood and health. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but why kill the goose...
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
People are nuts in Japan... ship the mangaka here to the US - she will get a better reception here... sheesh... that makes my blood boil...
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
See?
It's not just female fans making death curses at VA Miyano's wife. Fanboys can be just as scary & stupid & this is really, really stupid.

My god, that's what alternate universes are for. If you're going so far as to imagine a relationship with a fictional character, show some fricken creativity & just "delete" any background the character possess you don't like. I assume there's a guy in the title, so obviously you've "done" something to him. Just ignore the non-virgin aspect.
Or YOU can be the prior boyfriend she lost her virginity to. Wow! In a time & place prior to the story she can be all yours. Only she'll never leave you for the story's lead boy

Until you find your next 2D girlfriend (boyfriend for the fangirls)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6