• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2009 - Viz Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanjo-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
Promising announcements, but it's not enough, IMO. At least they have a date for the third Death Note movie, so I can start collecting them, hehe. ^^ I was hoping they would say something about new profile books, especially if it was related to Bleach. Rolling Eyes I guess I'll wait until Otakon. ^^
Tenkaido

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
with volume 46 of Naruto streeting next week, and volume 46 following on October 10.

I think the volume numbers aren't quite right there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
The lack of Monster news doesn't make me happy.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Quote:
Also upcoming is Kakashi Chronicles, a short animated series following Kakashi's backstory. It'll be available on Viz's website August 6th.

This hasn't even aired yet and they already plan on streaming it. Good to see them take the initiative, but I hope that it's on Hulu as well.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it (no pirating, but still... word gets around), so that explains it. Thanks, Braves.

Quote:
Following Bleach, Death Note Relight 2, which retells the second half of the Death Note series through the eyes of Mello and Near, will release on DVD October 27.

Shocked How is it I've heard nothing about this 'til now?! Holy cow!! Mr. Green *bursting with excitement*
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to September 29 and December 1, not to mention watching more of Hunter X Hunter.

But Cartoon Network basically elminated all the anime, so I don't think Naruto or any other anime series will be coming back to Cartoon Network any time soon.

But there is a bright side. At least fans will be able to watch Shippuden.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
troizen wrote:
Quote:
Weidenbaum then shifted to Naruto; the first volume of the Naruto Shippūden TV series will be out September 29th, and it'll be the only way to see the show dubbed.

That pretty much dashes any hopes to see the return of Naruto to television.

I agree. I'm sad for that. I didn't watch it closely, but I did tune in when I could. I guess now only Adult Swim will air anime that isn't Pokemon or Bakugan or Yu-Gi-Oh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Did Viz give any kind of indication as to the release schedule for the next few volumes of the Urusei Yatsura manga?

[/pipedream] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EdoRocksMySocks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Yay! A definite release date for Shippuuden was what I was interested in; though it's nice to know that they're releasing the second DVD of the Death Note OVAs pretty soon too. Just watched that one the other day and yeah, it was pretty awesome. =D

I think I heard about everything I wanted to. Anime smallmouth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Did Viz give any kind of indication as to the release schedule for the next few volumes of the Urusei Yatsura manga?

[/pipedream] Laughing

Not quite an announcement, but it's better than nothing. From AnimeVice's live blog of the Viz panel:

Quote:
Rerelease of Urusei Yatsura? No plans now but they've gotten a lot of requests so stay tuned for news.

Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

[/pipedream] :lol:

Actually I remember hearing somewhere (Rumiko world or Wikipedia) that she put a hitius on that series. Yet the manga did conclude in Japan and I've actually read the manga version final chapter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Urusei Yatsura return, but at least Rumiko made a new series that is quite fun and enjoyable. In my opinion, Ranma 1/2 was her the pinackle of her career, but I also enjoyed watching Inuyasha for the seven years the series aired on television.

But that is a bit off topic, so I'll leave it at all though.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I was talking about the English-language release of the many volumes of Urusei Yatsura published in Japan before Rumiko Takahashi moved on to Ranma ½ and other things.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but you never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sweet for a release date on the first Shippuden movie. ^^ But hopefully they also get release dates on boxsets for the series as well, since not everyone will be happy buying singles for a 100+ episode series.

They are NOT doing boxsets for Shippuden. They're only doing singles.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Tenkaido wrote:
Quote:
with volume 46 of Naruto streeting next week, and volume 46 following on October 10.

I think the volume numbers aren't quite right there.

Correctamundo! Volume 45 streets next week. Volume 46 streets in October, and 47 in December.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sweet for a release date on the first Shippuden movie. ^^ But hopefully they also get release dates on boxsets for the series as well, since not everyone will be happy buying singles for a 100+ episode series.

They are NOT doing boxsets for Shippuden. They're only doing singles.

no they are doing boxsets. Viz said it was coming in January.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote
troizen wrote:
Quote:
Weidenbaum then shifted to Naruto; the first volume of the Naruto Shippūden TV series will be out September 29th, and it'll be the only way to see the show dubbed.

That pretty much dashes any hopes to see the return of Naruto to television.

No kidding and Viz is going to regret that decision cause since it's DVD only,people would instead just watchand download it via illegal streaming instead of buying it. This is gonna backfire in a big big way and it'll hit them in the their wallets for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3