• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Iron Man: Rise of Technovore Feature's 1st Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
-Ironman
-Fury
-Black Widow
-Hawkeye

Heck, why not just make an Avengers anime already to go along with the cartoon?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
-Ironman
-Fury
-Black Widow
-Hawkeye

Heck, why not just make an Avengers anime already to go along with the cartoon?

I think this anime is close to an Avenger anime as you would see. I also guess that Captain America wouldn't appeal to Japanese audience. Beside, if you want an Avenger anime then I want a Spiderman anime since Spiderman himself is a popular character in Japan. I also want Marvel to give Red Ronin a mecha anime adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I think this anime is close to an Avenger anime as you would see. I also guess that Captain America wouldn't appeal to Japanese audience. Beside, if you want an Avenger anime then I want a Spiderman anime since Spiderman himself is a popular character in Japan. I also want Marvel to give Red Ronin a mecha anime adaptation.
Though Spidey is a great candidate, I think Deadpool would definitely be the best choice out of the Marvel universe to get a Japanese cartoon series (along with deserving to be the star in the web-slinger's latest cartoon outing). Also, agreed with Captain America, the Japanese constantly poke fun at Americans and it's even evident in their children's cartoons.

As for Hawkeye keeping his movie appearance (black colour scheme and no mask), I honestly don't mind it. Though I do dislike how abrupt it is as such is prevalent in the comics. Odd how we're talking about American comic adaptions on a site that reports news about Japanese media.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Though Spidey is a great candidate, I think Deadpool would definitely be the best choice out of the Marvel universe to get a Japanese cartoon series (along with deserving to be the star in the web-slinger's latest cartoon outing). Also, agreed with Captain America, the Japanese constantly poke fun at Americans and it's even evident in their children's cartoons.

That and Captain America is too American for the Japanese to adapt, he's literally a propaganda for USA, the Japanese will not accept that. Beside there's Battle Fever J which was one of the Super Sentai that was co-produced by Marvel along with Toei and was inspired by Captain America.

Also is Deadpool popular enough in Japan to warrant an anime adaptation?? Do the Japanese like the character and does Deadpool have a good fanbase in Japan? The reason I chose Spiderman because of the character's long history with the Japanese fanbase and it's impact in Japan. Spiderman had his own live-action show from Toei in the style of Power Ranger/Super Sentai. Spidey also had several mangas made for him:

Beside if Spiderman get a anime, I would love some element of harem genre mix into the anime as in Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacey, and Felicia Hardy (who will be also assuming the role of Black Cat in the anime also and will be a busty cheerleader in the anime) all have crushes on Peter (and also Spiderman, but they don't know Peter is Spiderman). Of course, couple of people want to see what Venom will look like as a anime character. Spiderman has a huge loyal fanbase in Japan, it would make them happy if Spiderman got an anime adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Spider-Man has even more female friends: Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Carlie Cooper from the new comics...hmm, I never realized it before, but Spidey has a harem already! Man, I'd watch that anime, and I don't even like harems! But which girl will play the tsundere? (I guess they'd go with Mary Jane Watson if they're adapting characters similar to the original Amazing Spider-Man run, and Gwen Stacy if they adapt the characters from Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man universe...*ahem*) Wink

Hmm, the animation style looks good in this trailer, but I don't like Black Widow's character design. The guys are okay, but she seems to stick out, in a bad way.

Also, what does The Punisher have to do with Iron Man?

I'll definitely want to watch this if they get Robert Downey Jr. to dub it! (Okay, the guy who plays Tony Stark in the Avengers cartoon is pretty good, too).
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Also is Deadpool popular enough in Japan to warrant an anime adaptation?? Do the Japanese like the character and does Deadpool have a good fanbase in Japan? The reason I chose Spiderman because of the character's long history with the Japanese fanbase and it's impact in Japan. Spiderman had his own live-action show from Toei in the style of Power Ranger/Super Sentai. Spidey also had several mangas made for him:

Beside if Spiderman get a anime, I would love some element of harem genre mix into the anime as in Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacey, and Felicia Hardy (who will be also assuming the role of Black Cat in the anime also and will be a busty cheerleader in the anime) all have crushes on Peter (and also Spiderman, but they don't know Peter is Spiderman). Of course, couple of people want to see what Venom will look like as a anime character. Spiderman has a huge loyal fanbase in Japan, it would make them happy if Spiderman got an anime adaptation.
Don't know, just taking a guess and giving my personal opinion. That and he was in Marvel VS. Capcom 3. Anyways, yeah, Spidey would be the safest choice but sadly, Disney owns the rights to his TV adaptions and is using it poorly.
truanifan678

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I have to disagree with a harem based Spider-Man. As a Spidey fan I have to say that sounds a bit wrong. Would you pay to go see a romantic comedy of Spider-Man in the theaters instead of the latest Spidey flick?

Harem shows have their fans and I won't deny that. I'm not saying all harem shows are bad; I've enjoyed quiet a few. However, Spider-Man shouldn't be retooled to be a harem comedy. Sure; throw in some comedy, but I'm not a fan of the whole "harem" genre without there being some redeeming factor. There are way too many "moe" oriented shows out there or lovesick girls and I'm glad that there are more anime are straying away from pointless "moe" girls. 

The manga that was reviewed by Jason Thompson (Aug 19th 2010) was decent, but could've have benefitted from less "Americanization" which Marvel imposed on it.
animenewsnetwork.com/house-of-1000-manga/2010-08-19

I agree the Spider-Man tv shows recently have lacked substance, but at least Man of Action (Ben 10, Generator Rex) is making (or at least having a hand in making) them as well as some comic writers and not Nickelodeon. Can you imagine if Nick got their hands on Spidey? *gags* These latest Spider-Man toons are better than a harem Spider-Man anime, imho thank you.
Tim Buckley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Looks a lot better than that kiddy Avengers cartoon Disney put out at least, but that's not saying much. Hope it doesn't suck cause anime would make far more sense for superhero adaptions than American cartoons given how much censorship they get.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
truanifan678 wrote:
I have to disagree with a harem based Spider-Man. As a Spidey fan I have to say that sounds a bit wrong. Would you pay to go see a romantic comedy of Spider-Man in the theaters instead of the latest Spidey flick?

Harem shows have their fans and I won't deny that. I'm not saying all harem shows are bad; I've enjoyed quiet a few. However, Spider-Man shouldn't be retooled to be a harem comedy. Sure; throw in some comedy, but I'm not a fan of the whole "harem" genre without there being some redeeming factor. There are way too many "moe" oriented shows out there or lovesick girls and I'm glad that there are more anime are straying away from pointless "moe" girls. 

Chill, chill. I'm not making Spiderman anime into a full harem or a full romantic comedy (you think the Japanese fanbase and the US fanbase would accept this??). For me, it'll still be the Spiderman we come to love, I emphasize on some harem element to help make the romantic tension between Peter and the 3 girls interesting since it blend well in anime, just trying to make the romance in Spider-man sort of like this Neon Genesis Evangelion manga. I want this anime to have Peter who is the right girl for him, who does he really love, hence why the mini-harem genre is perfect for the Spiderman anime. The anime will still have Spidey fighting bad guys (Doc Ock, Venom, Green Goblin, Mysterio, etc...) and other interesting plot. I just want Spiderman anime to be unique from the other Marvel anime adaptation and also memorable.

Agent355 wrote:
Hey, Spider-Man has even more female friends: Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Carlie Cooper from the new comics...hmm, I never realized it before, but Spidey has a harem already! Man, I'd watch that anime, and I don't even like harems! But which girl will play the tsundere? (I guess they'd go with Mary Jane Watson if they're adapting characters similar to the original Amazing Spider-Man run, and Gwen Stacy if they adapt the characters from Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man universe...*ahem*)

We'll just going to stick with 3 girls (Gwen, MJ, and Felicia) not more. Felicia will be the girl with the big bust trying to use her "asset" to get Peter's attention to her Laughing . I want it to be like Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Look at the bright side. Any anime about the wall crawler would have to be better than Ultimate Spider Man is.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
We'll just going to stick with 3 girls (Gwen, MJ, and Felicia) not more. Felicia will be the girl with the big bust trying to use her "asset" to get Peter's attention to her Laughing . I want it to be like Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project.
So that's how crossover fighting games work.

Beatdigga wrote:
Look at the bright side. Any anime about the wall crawler would have to be better than Ultimate Spider Man is.
Along with what's to come.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Bonham wrote:

Has Kawajiri done anything recently?

As for Kawajiri, he's apparently still at Madhouse?

Anyway, I don't know what's going on lol

But I hope he comes out with something new soon... but who knows?
Kawajiri's been mostly doing storyboards for a lot of Madhouse projects over the last couple of years: the Marvel adaptations, Kaiji season 2 and Chihayafuru. I'm guessing that samurai-in-drag anime he was supposed to direct got canned and Ninja Scroll 2 isn't looking like it'll come out anytime soon.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
The trailer looks good but it really didn't tell me if it is worth seeing or if it's a major improvement of the last weak Marvel Anime failures but I will still remain open-minded and will see it's better than it seems. Plus, I do enjoy the appearances of Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Punisher in here and quite frankly this will be the closest to seeing an Avengers Anime that we will ever get.

As for everyone's else thoughts on the idea of having a Spider-Man Anime, why hasn't that been made yet?! Japan loves Spider-Man and the fact that Peter/Spidey has plenty of notable gorgeous women like Gwen, Mary Jane, and Felicia, it's ripe for a harem situation anime! Anyways, if a Spider-Man anime ever gets made, at least it should it be a lot more better than that garbage Ultimate Spider-Man series.
truanifan678

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
To be completely honest, I'll take the current Ultimate Spide-Man over even a subtle harem Spider-Man. If there's going to be an anime of Spider-Man I think they should make it a bit more serious instead of making it like a dating sim for poor Peter Parker. What about all the other Spider-Man plot points? Green Goblin, him hanging up his webs, the whole clone thing, his consent struggle with doing the right thing for his friends and family verses the greater good, and so many more and better aspects that just the gals and Spidey. If a Spider-Man anime is only going to be a light hearted teen oriented anime show then I'll take Man of Action's take on it. Better than the trope of lame anime shows being produced as of late. Last I'll say on it since it seems I'm out voted in this particular thread. Just wanted to say my piece.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
So that's how crossover fighting games work.

No I wasn't referring to video game. You never read this manga:

That's how I imagine the Spiderman anime to be like, it'll be action and full of adventure. But I want it to have some element of harem because 3 girls will try to win Peter's heart like how Asuka and Rei in the NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project try to win Shinji's heart.

Lycosyncer wrote:

As for everyone's else thoughts on the idea of having a Spider-Man Anime, why hasn't that been made yet?! Japan loves Spider-Man and the fact that Peter/Spidey has plenty of notable gorgeous women like Gwen, Mary Jane, and Felicia, it's ripe for a harem situation anime! Anyways, if a Spider-Man anime ever gets made, at least it should it be a lot more better than that garbage Ultimate Spider-Man series.

That's what I've been telling anime fans and a lot of people. I thought the first thing when Marvel anounce anime adaptation, I thought Spiderman would be the first to get that adaptation but it didn't it shocked me because Spiderman has loyal fanbase in Japan and I expect Marvel to give Spiderman a anime adaptation. I hope Marvel can still give Spiderman a chance.

Also yeah the Spiderman harem thing, I just want some element, let's not turn Spiderman harem into Tenchi Muyo or Girls Bravo. I just want the harem to be a romanctic tension between Peter and the 3 girls (MJ, Gwen, and Felicia). I wanted the harem/romance to be somewhat reminicent of that Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project manga, not a full blown ecchi fanservice. Let Spiderman have his adventure (fighting bad guys, and going through life as superhero and a independent person).

truanifan678 wrote:
To be completely honest, I'll take the current Ultimate Spide-Man over even a subtle harem Spider-Man. If there's going to be an anime of Spider-Man I think they should make it a bit more serious instead of making it like a dating sim for poor Peter Parker. What about all the other Spider-Man plot points? Green Goblin, him hanging up his webs, the whole clone thing, his consent struggle with doing the right thing for his friends and family verses the greater good, and so many more and better aspects that just the gals and Spidey. If a Spider-Man anime is only going to be a light hearted teen oriented anime show then I'll take Man of Action's take on it. Better than the trope of lame anime shows being produced as of late. Last I'll say on it since it seems I'm out voted in this particular thread. Just wanted to say my piece.

Didn't I mention above that Spiderman anime will be serious, the harem element is for romantic tension to make Peter's interaction with the 3 girls interesting. It brings tension and speculation who will Peter choose as his "true love" (I want it to be like those soap opera and those romantic K-drama but still retain the serious overtone on the Spiderman anime). I'm not planning to turn Spiderman anime into Girls Bravo or Tenchi Muyo (although there maybe some fanservices like Felicia will use her boobs to get seduce Peter). It won't destroy the overall serious tone of Spiderman.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3