• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Adds Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko TV Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
$90!? More like $60 max. Also, Sentai only puts dubs on their Blu-ray releases if I'm not mistaken.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:
$90!? More like $60 max. Also, Sentai only puts dubs on their Blu-ray releases if I'm not mistaken.

Ok then $60 for a box an Blu-rays should have dubs Sub only blu-rays are disgusting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Good to see it's getting released here. Not too thrilled about the english title, but it makes more sense for that than the literal japanese title translated.

Mario1234567 wrote:
SON OF A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Of all the worst possible things that could happen this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!!!!!! Dammit! I wanted this with a dub and fairly priced freak NIS strikes again Damn dude.

So in other words, you wanted Funimation to release it, right? Because that's the only way it will definitely receive a dub on it's first release and be reasonably priced.

But you have to consider that this show is somewhat of a niche in anime(like Bunny Drop was, which was also released by NISA). So Sentai & Funimation might've already passed on it and this could've been the only chance of it getting released here.
ElectricDork

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely thrilled by this news. A dub would have been nice but I'm just glad that a) we're getting Denpa Onna at all, and b) we're getting Denpa Onna as a reasonably priced NISA Premium Edition.

Erio-chan~~~~~~
manicli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
SON OF A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Of all the worst possible things that could happen this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!!!!!! Dammit! I wanted this with a dub and fairly priced freak NIS strikes again Damn dude.

It's probably going to be 52 dollars for the LE so it's fairly priced, considering it comes in an sturdy box with an art-book.

I think you just personally hate subs because your literacy level isn't very high which would mean you have trouble reading. I have no issue with sub only releases. Dubs are good but not a necessity.

Last edited by manicli on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

First of all, their premiums are definitely priced well for what they come with, and I'd rather choose an awesome artbook over even a decent english dub any day. If you're visually impaired, then I understand your argument, but other than that, I highly disagree with your opinion of NISA.

This show's dialogue is so dense and fast that it'd be a pain to translate and more trouble than it's worth anyway.
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I should be the one saying "SON OF A NOOOOOOOOOOO" because I spent $310 on the 7 Japanese Blu-ray volumes just four days ago, and I'll probably double-dip as well.

Kinda knew I should have waited with importing anything untill at least after NYCC Sad I couldn't decide between importing the OreImo BD's or the Denpa Onna's, guess I can't be lucky every time.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:

You have that a little backwards. Sentai will only release a bluray if the title is dubbed. They do have many DVD releases that are dubbed as well.

Even if Sentai had picked this up, the chances of it getting dubbed would be next to zero. On the upside, Sentai does allow their products to be marked down more than NISA, but their MSRPs are similar. Everybody has buying priorities I guess.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
What? Lets see here
Natsume season 1 and 2, 26 episodes hardcover art book.....same price as Sentai films 13-episode collection for Heaven's Memo Pad. How is NIS NOT fair priced? They're probably the FAIREST priced company out there right now in America for anime. No dub means a quick release so Im not complaining, but also probably another reason why they sell so cheap. I love NIS. Also, they did a GREAT job translating the title without ruining it.

Sentai's shows come with English dubs You are not to pay for Fansubs on discs if I bought NIS's show I'll be paying $90 or whatever for a freakin box...

Other guy I have not seen the show. I've seen 1 episode an I loved it. I was like.. i'll wait for a dub if possible I thought Sentai would get it for sure. I was wrong. I hate NIS.. but whatever. I am off to watch Ponies. You know something I don't have to read to fully understand.

You really think having english dubs make them worth double the price? I dont. It doesnt take that much extra work or money. The hardest and most expensive part is translating, and both obviously do that. You're missing out on a lot of great anime such as AnoHana if you really refuse to watch anything subtitled.

I also dont know where you saw anything for 90 dollars from NIS....most expensive I saw was 55 for their premium collection of Natsume, which like I said...also comes with a HARDCOVER artbook, which normally alone are worth 20 dollars.
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Nico87 wrote:

You have that a little backwards. Sentai will only release a bluray if the title is dubbed. They do have many DVD releases that are dubbed as well..

Aw, yeah, that's how it went. Sorry 'bout that Smile
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I've never even heard of this title.

I like a lot of NISA picks, but the catchphrases "ordinary high school boy" and "mysterious girl" in the description makes me want to avoid it. So many shows are described like that, and are usually so derivative of each other. I usually don't like them. I probably will pass on it unless they offer a few eppies streaming somewhere. Neutral Neutral
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Yep I missed and will be missing Anohana because of that very reason. No dub, no Blu-ray then no buy. That is how it work with me. If it doesn't get dubbed or picked up by FUNimation Viz or Sentai then that means the show is mostly likely terrible if they didn't want anything to do with it. Something NIS get lucky an ruin my day but most of the time FUNi Viz and Sentai get the right stuff and Sentai picks the right show to dub and sub... That is how I look at things these days to save myself disappointment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Yep I missed and will be missing Anohana because of that very reason. No dub, no Blu-ray then no buy. That is how it work with me. If it doesn't get dubbed or picked up by FUNimation Viz or Sentai then that means the show is mostly likely terrible if they didn't want anything to do with it. Something NIS get lucky an ruin my day but most of the time FUNi Viz and Sentai get the right stuff and Sentai picks the right show to dub and sub... That is how I look at things these days to save myself disappointment.

?????????????????????????
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I love NISA and I loved this little series. I'll be getting this Very Happy
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

and that post just gave me cancer......

anyway awesome can't wait to pick this one up
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12