• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Film Announced for 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Cool news. Very good to hear that Haruhi will be getting a movie. Perhaps the franchise will keep going despite the rather unfortunate bit of marketing idiocy with. . . you know, it's pointless to even go there. It's all be said already.

Anyway, very glad to hear this news. Also, it's pretty interesting that we're getting the light novel so close to movie time. (Makes you wonder about the scheduling before realizing the Japanese really don't care what we do over here.)

LagannImpact wrote:
Still, if Bandai and Bang-Zoom get to dub this, they could add their own comedic "flair" to each episode, a la the Funi dubs of Shin-Chan and Sgt. Frog, to make those episodes worth watching, even for fansubbies who were all like "the same crap is happening AGAIN!"
God willing, we might get that but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not even holding my breath that Bandai licenses it.

Shay Guy wrote:
But really, enough has been said about Endless Eight, with the exception of "why?"
Okay, I'm going to throw out an obvious reason just because I'm feeling good today.

It was a ploy by marketing, similar to the "broadcast order" marketing ploy where they showed the episodes out of order. They figured, "hey, the fans just ate that silly idea up! Let's try something else that seems crazy!"

Seriously, this is the only explanation that makes remotely any sense.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard, Endless eight wasn't worth the two year wait and really wasn't that great either.

But most likely, this either is troll, a director's cut of Endless eight or coming out next year or several years later.

But I have a feeling this is probably a troll on the company's part.
pparker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
similar to the "broadcast order" marketing ploy where they showed the episodes out of order. They figured, "hey, the fans just ate that silly idea up! Let's try something else that seems crazy!"

Smile I just have to differ on the broadcast order. I think it was far better than the standard DVD order. On my first re-watch after getting the DVDs, I made sure to watch in the same order, as I will when I marathon it with the new eps. The standard order just wouldn't have the same mindf*ck impact, IMHO, which I think contributed to its popularity.

Back on topic, I'm glad they are continuing the franchise, and that the E8 debacle didn't entirely derail it. It's still one of my favorites.
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Why are we still beating on that poor decaying pulp, that once resembled a horse? It was viciously beaten to death long ago, let it rest in peace. As for the movie, I am overwhelmed with excitement, in light of this breaking news. It might be awhile before any of us actually see the film, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. Very Happy
PhoenixHeart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Manwards wrote:

I realise I'm talking to myself here. You don't value my opinion any more than I value yours. It's why I don't post on forums more often: nobody ever changes their mind, negativity runs rampant, and everybody gets far too worked up over what is, essentially, free entertainment.

This wasn't directed at me at all, yet I felt an impulse to answer. I find it sad that you generalize forums to this extent - especially the statement that nobody ever changes their mind. On the ANN forums I have seen really eloquent discussions with lots of valid arguments involved that made people change their minds or at least consider a new perspective - even if the debates do get heated up till then. It's true that even here negativity does run rampant sometimes - but so does positivity. In the end I think it's much a matter of what type of thread one is posting in - the more extreme fans a franchise has, the more spicy the debates get.

Anyway, this just in general defense of the ANN forums. I don't want to sound cheesy - but this is the *only* large & active forum I really felt at home till now - even though it takes time to read the masses of tl;dr posts. There are so many nice and clever posters around which make it enjoyable - there are much harsher places on the Internet, let's not forget.

Anyway, to get back on the rail - I'm looking forward to the movie.
Considering your thoughts of the KyoAni masterplan - which sound realistic to me - I shifted my thoughts from a (playfully intended) "could be a troll" to a "This will be a real anime movie. And it could get really good."

Hence, every post has the power to change & extend minds and opinions of people reading it - but not everyone that has their mind changed actively post about it. ^_~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7