• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Clannad After Story Sub.DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Retcon wrote:
This is my first time reading a ANN review and I'm severely dissappointed. If I hadn't already watched After Story I would have felt the review spoiled alot of the story; I felt the reviewer went into too much detail with the plot. I also loved the first season which the reviewer lambasted so we probably have different tastes. Needless to say I'll be avoiding these reviews from now on.

You're joking, yes? S1 is barely mentioned in this review (and not in a particularly negative light, to be sure), and Key gave both halves of S1 solid Bs in their actual reviews.

As for plot detail, it's true that ANN reviews tend to reveal a fair bit, but that's something one has to be weary of with any article of this kind -- and ANN reviews tend to be consistently structured, so one can normally work around the plot details and get some idea of a show's more general merits. Plus, there's always the review summaries at the bottom, though I know many will call just reading those sacrilegious Razz
Rinnian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I am very glad AS is finally getting the DVDs out. I've been wanting to buy these for awhile, and was quite recently wondering if they would be out soon. Hooray for me!

For the longest time, Air was in my 'favorite anime of all time' spot. I thought it would never leave that spot, but...After Story might have managed to top Air for me. It's still very special to me, though.

That being said, the second half of AS really IS where it kicks into high gear. It's a beautiful piece of art, and it's a shame more people don't know of it. 8D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5