• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina on Facebook and twitter.com?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Since you've decided it's time to throw a tantrum, I guess I'll go ahead and answer some of your grievances!

You're only going to get serious criticisms from a small handful of folks who are willing to rock the boat and don't care what you think about it. What you call a tantrum is nothing more than blunt, honest feedback in my opinion. If you only listen to what your bestest buddies have to say about ANN then this may be annoying or even painful to hear, but that's life. Don't improve ANN for me, improve it for the rest of the users who don't have the time or the energy or the willingness to draw attention to what bothers them. I think we all understand that there is a limited amount of manpower and nobody has ever contested that. All I ask is that the time you do have to address requests is spent on subscribers first and foremost. When the unanswered subscriber requests have either been accepted or rejected then by all means feel free to cater to the vague and random one-liner suggestions that come out of the freebie zone. That seems so obvious that I'm surprised I even had to mention it, but I guess that's just how things go sometimes. I find that I have to pop our own group-think bubbles at my job from time-to-time.

Psycho 101 wrote:
If that's a dig at me then wtf is your problem Chris? It was simply a suggestion. If you don't like so be it but you don't have to be rude about it. If it's not a dig at me then once again you need to work on your humor because it's falling flat.

Um, it was actually the second one, the flat humor one. I figured it's usually pretty obvious when I'm really digging on someone but maybe I should have included a smiley or something in there to make it more clear that we were on the same side. You should know me well enough by now to realize I rarely bother with subtlety and nuance when I can simply go straight for the jugular instead.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

I will say this; I've tried to include the community forums when collecting questions for the podcast and when I did get the occasional response to the Podcast thread, I'd give the subscriber questions priority. But after a short period of time nobody responded at all to the updates and didn't seem to care, so I stopped updating it and removed the thread because it wasn't worth the effort. Again I tried to include y'all in the first callout show and got "you're dumb for doing it at this time" and then "sorry can't participate". I did get Blood- to join us, which was great, but that was a discouraging experience. Still, I suppose I should be more persistent and not give up so quickly - but I get the sense that the folks in the community forum don't really care too much about the podcast. And that's fine, it's just an observation. But that was originally one avenue where I wanted to include the community forums as more a part of the show, and it didn't seem to pan out.

I think the problem (at least for me) is that sometimes fans are too introverted/shy to participate in a live show. Plus I feel that I don't have anything worth talking about.

But I really enjoy ANNCast. It's probably my favorite thing on the site right now. I look forward to this every week, and I listen to it during work, and one of these days I'm probably going to get in trouble from laughing at my desk.

Re: Nina merchandise, if not a book, would printing strips on demand be too much work (I can see how this may take up way too much time though, so maybe not)? Or maybe a poll to see what strips are people's favorites and ones they would be willing to buy, and maybe doing small runs of those and selling them at the cons ANN has booths at? I still want the Moyashimon strip and now I also want the Grandma Rosa Yaoi strip. Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:

Um, it was actually the second one, the flat humor one. I figured it's usually pretty obvious when I'm really digging on someone but maybe I should have included a smiley or something in there to make it more clear that we were on the same side. You should know me well enough by now to realize I rarely bother with subtlety and nuance when I can simply go straight for the jugular instead.

Well considering you seem to be favoring bi-polar mood swings from posting happy/seemingly carefree posts one second in one thread, to posting all pissy/irate/upset/pick your word here posts in another thread it's getting rather hard to tell anymore. I really hate to say this but I am serious when I say anymore it would be easier to tell when you're being an ass/getting on someone or when you're being humorous if you were drunk. That's not a dig at you, that's the honest truth. At least from my seat over here. Perhaps maybe I just can't tell what humor is anymore and need to go take some sort of class on humor or something.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
if not a book, would printing strips on demand be too much work (I can see how this may take up way too much time though, so maybe not)?

The entire book could be print-on-demand: there are a number of POD services out there expressly for printing comics that turn out very professional looking products, and the time investment for ANN would be nothing more than the time it takes to design the book and make a PDF. My favorite is Ka-Blam, but there's ComiXpress and Lulu as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2