• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demon King Daimaō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
uncensored? Yes please. let's see what this is like...

edit: No massive changes. Just anytime you saw the "WE CAN'T SHOW YOU" sign guy pop up is now revealed.

There's also nudity, so I can't rely on CR for this.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
What a crappy second episode. Looks like the anime chose the generic path. Oh, pantsu shot instead of storytelling for the rest of the series. Hello, Princess Lover II - The demonic spin-off.
Watching that thing while drunk was the worst thing I've ever done in the past 25 minutes of my entire life.
Miranox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quote
They're definitely going overboard with the fanservice. If anyone thought the last episode had too much then you're in for a shock. The bathroom scene made me cringe. I guess that's to be expected considering the manga it was based on. The story still holds potential though. They haven't even finished introducing all the main characters. It's too soon to label this show as another Princess Lover.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:20 am Reply with quote
Didn't think this was anymore fan servicey than the first episode. Anyways I kind of liked the second episode, mostly for the scenes with Etou. Predictable, but focused beyond simple fan service.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:13 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, more astute comments from the anti-fanservice brigade. Okay, after two episodes you must be aware this show has it, right? Since it so obviously gets your panties in a bunch, I'm sure you'll do your delicate eyes a favour and not subject them to this series any more, right? Rolling Eyes

@ egoist - this episode had plenty of story. We found out Future Demon Lord is being observed by Yuki Nagato from TMoHS who, for some reason, has dyed her hair green for this series; we found out that FDL is being stalked by the Ghost Chick from Asura Cryin' who in this series can make herself invisible; and we found out that chicks are pure evil. Well, at least Chesty Female Dorm Leader is, as she plots against FDL under the somewhat disapproving gaze of a "head-in-a-jar" dude.

Anybody who doesn't like this series blows immensely.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We found out Future Demon Lord is being observed by Yuki Nagato from TMoHS who, for some reason, has dyed her hair green for this series;

The comparison is a bit weak seeing that she has quite a bit more personality than Nagato.
Miranox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah yes, more astute comments from the anti-fanservice brigade. Okay, after two episodes you must be aware this show has it, right? Since it so obviously gets your panties in a bunch, I'm sure you'll do your delicate eyes a favour and not subject them to this series any more, right? Rolling Eyes

@ egoist - this episode had plenty of story. We found out Future Demon Lord is being observed by Yuki Nagato from TMoHS who, for some reason, has dyed her hair green for this series; we found out that FDL is being stalked by the Ghost Chick from Asura Cryin' who in this series can make herself invisible; and we found out that chicks are pure evil. Well, at least Chesty Female Dorm Leader is, as she plots against FDL under the somewhat disapproving gaze of a "head-in-a-jar" dude.

I for one don't have any particular problem with fanservice, except for lolicon. As long as there's a good story, the innuendo is just icing on the cake. I was merely saying that going overboard is not a good idea.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Quote:
We found out Future Demon Lord is being observed by Yuki Nagato from TMoHS who, for some reason, has dyed her hair green for this series;

The comparison is a bit weak seeing that she has quite a bit more personality than Nagato.

She is quite simular to the robot in Negima, or maybe the Misaka Imoutos of Index.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Eivion wrote:
Quote:

She is quite simular to the robot in Negima, or maybe the Misaka Imoutos of Index.

Those are good comparisons.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Quote:

Blood- was most likely just being snarky with that comparison as just about every quiet character of these days gets labeled as a Nagato clone Rolling Eyes . I for one liked the Liladan chick; her monotonous teasing got a few chuckles out of me. Like when she spoiler[decides to sleep in the closet: "Are you teasing me?" "A little..." "are you having fun?" "...a little." ]
It's proving to be an entertaining romp thus far.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Actually I wasn't being snarky with the Yuki comparison...she really did remind me of that character even though yes, she has more personality. That teasing element cracked me up, too.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, im going to have to wait until my bandwidth resets at the end of the month; no streaming, downloading, of any kind. Heck, I'm afraid to even game and browse the internet at the moment. $2 every extra gig i go over! f that s.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

True. We discovered the participants of his harem, and a bit of info on each. I was kind of pissed off, given the fact that the genericism* nearly blew my fuses. Not that I'm disliking the show, overall, but that episode was just subpar, at least compared to the first(yes, even though the first contained more fanservice, the second contained the introduction of the majority of his harem participants). The robot is somewhat amusing though, and I'll most likely rewatch that specific scene [as I was in a terribly bad mood thanks to the sobering up process]. After all, I'm not giving up on this anime, as I really liked the premise.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching second episode and, IT'S A BLAST!!! (I waited for uncensored version for full impact [God bless AT-X!], and I would suggest others do the same.) Sure, it's easy to call this a "Harry Potter as comedy meets harem" rip-off, only it works. I hope series can keep it's freshness(male lead not a loser, interesting characters and rather original story) because it's now officially my favourite series of spring season. *impatiently waiting for more*

Nearly forgot to mention but music score is excellent as well. Catchy and very fitting, OST where?
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3! Now with insanely painful bloody violence, masturbation and sex orgy! Seriously, can this get better? Those less enamoured by the series could say creators just throw everything at us to see what sticks, I would agree with that but argue that it makes the show better. Story steadily gives us more information as well. There are apparently two forces in school and I bet it's up to our guy Akuto to take control of both of them. There is also a mysterious new character shown at the end. Can't wait to see how it's going to play out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7