• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demon King Daimaō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
Well I liked Red, because I found her funny and intriging -minus the naked parts, I will always remember her first appearance shouting "I did it again". Then Green, because face it she is awesome, especialy her teasing. Third I might say Yellow because the character intersted me though more of her would have been great, well she is a single fanged, short, student president who wears a witch like outfit, and suprisingly strong and cool. Then Blue since she is a freedom fighting self confident who relies on her own strength but not above dismissing others, but that is also not very original. And Lastly Purple I think she did have a great part at being token self proclaimed evil empress, but have plans backfire and later being of quite a lot of use, but I am also not really fond of characters who do dark things for the sole purpose of being evil (well I didn't much like Morrigan in Dragons Age for simular reasons).
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 am Reply with quote
Slightly OT, but do you think that this could be an efficient way of quickly blurbing about most harem shows in general? I mean:

Girls Bravo
Yellow > Brown > Pink > Orange > Purple

Familiar of Zero
Black > Pink(ish) > Blue > Yellow > Red

Sorry, I've just been thinking about that since Ichiban's review talkback thread. Very Happy
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
Green and Purple.

I'm officially stating that spoiler[ anyone that bites their own tooth off, intentionally, is a badass!] Looking at you Peterhausen!

I would like a 2nd season that has better pacing. I 'get' the idea of having a frenetic pace to create energy, but the shows writing needed to be tighter. I still found the show fun to watch and as I said would like a 2nd season.
Showsni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this, though it could probably have done with being a bit longer to flesh more out as people have said. There seem to be an awful lot of just 12 or 13 episode series these days...

Hm, I guess I'm Red/Blue>Yellow>Purple/Green? Maybe?
Eivion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Oh, and I'll go ahead and declare it now:
Green > Blue > Purple > Red > Yellow

This is about how I feel as well. The student council president is only so low for me because how little we really got to know her. Keena had her charms, but I also found her fairly annoying. Its really all about the Korone and her screwing round with Akuto all the time.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Just marathoned episodes 7-12. Stopped watching for... don't remember why actually. Anyway I am glad I did, for I could enjoy watching the rest of it back to back. And its a blast!

One of the reasons why I like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou is because it managed to be completely unpredictable throughout. Mostly since it barely follows any logic. A quest to destroy god? Preserve humanity? Which one is it? And before that: demons versus ninjas, where they all get killed by machine guns; power ranger versus demon lord; dragon versus space ship; masochistic T-1000, school principal straight from Dragon Ball, and lets not forget the "bishop" androids near the end, and so on... Sheerly insane, yet it all works in the end, it absolutely does. I have to give the series it's credit for pulling this off. Where Princess Lover! and others fail Daimaou succeeds, so despite some weaker parts, most notably the "drama" in episodes 6-7, I give Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou an excellent. Definitely my favourite series of spring season (Tatami I love you too Cool ).

And since everyone else is doing it I'll write my preference too:
Blue > Purple > Green > Red > Yellow

EDIT: And what about ED sequence? I love it! Also the ending... if it's not perfect I don't know what is.
Miranox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who doesn't think Korone is of 'romantic' interest? I like her 'cool and collected' character, but that's all. My preference is:
Red > Blue > Purple > Green > Yellow

I feel dirty now.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
I like the way they did the reset button. The harm retain their memories, while everyone else just conveniently forgets so they can get on with their lives...too bad changing memories doesn't change the facts! And Red really was kinda dumb, just had some smart person in her.

Harem end for the win. Glad they had the guts not to choose anyone at this point.

Yellow>>>Blue>Green>Purple=Red

Though the last four are pretty close, Yellow is the best girl ever. Because she is spoiler[Luffy].
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quote
Miranox wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't think Korone is of 'romantic' interest? I like her 'cool and collected' character, but that's all. My preference is:

I feel dirty now.

Never really thought of Korone as a romantic interest. Not sure where you got the idea that most here did. The color listing was just a matter of who we liked as characters more.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:51 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Miranox wrote:

I feel dirty now.

Never really thought of Korone as a romantic interest. Not sure where you got the idea that most here did. The color listing was just a matter of who we liked as characters more.

Actually, I always assumed it was about who we thought the Demon Lord should pick as his concubine (or, alternatively, who we'd pick if we were in his Demon Lord shoes).
tlong21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
I just finished Demon King Daimao, so disappointed Crying or Very sad . It had so much potential to be an amazing anime, but about halfway in it just went to sh**. I almost feel like it began to be made by someone different half way in. Does anyone else agree?

Also, has anyone read the light novel? Is it any better?

[EDIT: Adjusted thread title so that people would know what you're actually talking about. - Key]
[EDIT: Merged the topic with the discussion thread. -TK]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Yeah I agree that it started out strong, but just fell apart, one of those cases where they try to use the stuff they think works, without actually trying anything good. Such as going for the ecchi, always sad when they ruin potential, and an ending that feels like it just collapses on itself. Not to mention that it felt like they sped up all of a sudden at the end, and it was just confusing.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately DKD is well-known for falling apart in its later stages. And yes, I heartily agree that it showed more potential than that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
V1046-R

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
Probably shouldn't post, because I don't have much to say about this show...just that I thought it was generally fun & "good enough" to hold my interest through a short series. I never saw any potential for it to be amazing, so I guess that is why I didn't feel disappointed that it wasn't.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yeah I agree that it started out strong, but just fell apart, one of those cases where they try to use the stuff they think works, without actually trying anything good. Such as going for the ecchi, always sad when they ruin potential, and an ending that feels like it just collapses on itself. Not to mention that it felt like they sped up all of a sudden at the end, and it was just confusing.
I find the suggestion that it was the ecchi that sunk the show rather bizarre. It's not like the ecchi wasn't present in the (strong) beginning and then appeared in the (weaker) latter half. If anything, it's the opposite.

I think the show just suffered from "we need and ending/plot advancement" syndrome, when that just isn't the writing's strong point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7