• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's K-ON Team Airs Tamako Market Anime's 2nd Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Nice of you guys to leave out the fact that Midori is also in love with Tamako.

wait, what? where?

From here

"On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochikura. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochikura and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochikura has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her."

That's a translation of part the synopsis that Animax briefly posted and subsequently removed.

@Fencedude. I'm a huge fan of yuri so if this does turn into a love triangle with a yuri side I'd be more than happy. But just because the K-On girls are friends doesn't mean they want to hump each other. The yuri is much stronger in something like Hidamari Sketch.

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
[Post removed for contributing nothing more than generalizations, insults and condescension towards other users.]

Some of us (like me) enjoy not having to deal with psychotic shippers. It still happens here, just not too much.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
This new K-On!-like anime has some potential. Hopefully it will be as good as or better than Chuunibyou.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
getchman wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Nice of you guys to leave out the fact that Midori is also in love with Tamako.

wait, what? where?

From here

"On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochikura. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochikura and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochikura has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her."

wow, how did i miss that
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
@Fencedude. I'm a huge fan of yuri so if this does turn into a love triangle with a yuri side I'd be more than happy. But just because the K-On girls are friends doesn't mean they want to hump each other. The yuri is much stronger in something like Hidamari Sketch.

Sae and Hiro are a couple in denial. To not see the yuri overtones means you're blind.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure but I think ANN's blurbs on the characters are just translations of the ones on the web site, so they're not leaving out any facts that weren't left out of the official materials too? I think that the synopsis that mentioned Midori's crush was taken down a little while after it came out, too, so they might be trying to keep that subplot a surprise or something... That's all I can think of, anyway.

Aaanyway these character designs are sooo cute, they look like extras from K-ON! And I love cooking, so I think it'll be fun! I hope it doesn't go the way of Hyouka and Chuunibyou and not stream anywhere! I wanna watch it!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
I hope it doesn't go the way of Hyouka and Chuunibyou and not stream anywhere! I wanna watch it!

Chuunibyou is streaming.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Myaow wrote:
I hope it doesn't go the way of Hyouka and Chuunibyou and not stream anywhere! I wanna watch it!

Chuunibyou is streaming.

Oh! For some reason I must have missed that! I thought I heard people complain about it not being licensed once and I assumed that was still the case... thanks a bunch for pointing that out, I've been wanting to watch this! :')
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

Sae and Hiro are a couple in denial. To not see the yuri overtones means you're blind.

Agree 100% with the Sae/Hiro dynamic there. This season has ramped up their relationship as well. I almost spat my breakfast across the room when Hiro caught Nori walking out of Sae's room in the morning after sleeping over Smile)
誤称

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Myaow wrote:

Chuunibyou is streaming.

You call that streaming? Ugh. That player is worse than the ANN one.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

I only saw the first season but wasn't that relationship...rather one-sided? It's been forever since I watched it, though.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I only saw the first season but wasn't that relationship...rather one-sided? It's been forever since I watched it, though.

Not even remotely.

Also Honeycomb has basically been beating us over the head with all three major couples.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
so, what is hidamari sketch about? been wondering if i should watch it
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
Will I find my next Yui Hirasawa here? :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2