• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Go! Comi Lets Its Website Expire

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_deeds

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Song of the Hanging Sky is one of my favorite manga. I was really hoping they would hold out at least another year or so to release the next volume but being a hopeful optimist only goes so far...
Extalia

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
*sighs* Go! Comi was really one of those jewel companies who valued quality the most. It's sad to see them go, especially when they were taking extra care of 07-Ghost. I just hope that if 07-Ghost does get picked up again, it gets the high quality treatment it so deserves, because like the company that had published it into english, it was a valuable gem.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I went down the list thinking there was nothing I was interested in there anyway (or at least not that I was aware of).. until I got to the bottom. I have been collecting Yggdrasil - although it looks like they have at least released all the existing volumes even if I do only have the first two - I guess I need to make obtaining the third a priority.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
naniwhale

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Man, I was collecting a few stuff from them now I'm stuck with unfinshed manga collection on my hands. This pisses me off sooooooo badly from Tokyopop and go comi I'm stuck with a stories that I'll never know the ending too Sad
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
That's too bad that another manga company goes under. I mean, none of Go! Comi's titles interested me, but I feel for the workers who were laid off. Those were niche titles too, they get hit the hardest.
sdhd

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the company's delays and explained that the company was being hit hard "due to a combination of economic downturn and digital theft." The post also said Go! Comi may need to scale back on its website and online community or may need to shut it down altogether "until the economy picks up again."

The only manga I bought from Go! Comi was Ultimate Venus.

I was not interested in the rest of their lineup. I don't need to read scanlation to know I won't be buying them just by their summary in the back of the book tells me it is not my taste.

It would be nice if manga/manhaw publishers and anime publishers take some responsibility for their lack of sales along with blaming the economy and digital theft.

If a company licensed a title that people don't want to own then it is the company fault.

Last edited by sdhd on Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why people fuss over After School Nightmare so much. Sure it was excellant for like three volumes, but it devolves into nonsense very quickly after that. Three out of ten is not a good run.
stevek504

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I went down the list thinking there was nothing I was interested in there anyway (or at least not that I was aware of).. until I got to the bottom. I have been collecting Yggdrasil - although it looks like they have at least released all the existing volumes even if I do only have the first two - I guess I need to make obtaining the third a priority.

Well, I don't think it ever came out. So I think you will end up with a zombie collection (though, if you find them please let me know).
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad I bought the rest of Tenshi ja Nai when I read the first announcement about them being in trouble... I'm glad I finished ASN too, and 07-Ghost 1 was going to go on ebay anyway.
MightiMidget

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Gah! Majorly bummed here! I was looking forward to 07-Ghost vol 4 and the rest of Crown. Sad Hoping muchly those get picked up somewhere....
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
wait I'm confused does this mean its also Out of Business?? Rightstuf has the latest volume of 07 Ghost which is volume 7 I think. Well knowing 07 Ghost is popular it could be picked up again. After I sell some of my old stuff on E-Bay I guess I could go and pick up most of the volumes.
beloved828

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I am so bummed right now. I love so many of the titles they published, like Tenshi Ja Nai, and especially Cantarella. I bought all the books available in English for both series. I was waiting for Cantarella to be finished up in Japan so that I could buy the English version from Go!Comi. Now I won't get to. At least, not any time soon. And that's if any other US publisher picks the series up, which they might not.

Manga isn't making much money these days. Please, please, PLEASE buy the manga and anime you love so that the industry doesn't die! We're killing off what we love by stealing what we should be paying for. Yes, the publishers were slow getting on the digital content bandwagon, and yes, they should have been providing bargain-priced digital manga (because they don't have as much overhead cost without having to print and ship books)and anime for sale years ago. But they didn't. Don't let them die out for this mistake. Please. *more begging would follow, but I'm done humiliating myself by laying at your feet*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2