• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN to Stream 1,000+ Anime Episodes Throughout Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote
I have a question. I'm trying to play an anime episode on the ANN video player but it won't play. Do I have to wait for the buffer to complete? Do I have to watch all of the ads to make it play?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:45 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I have a question. I'm trying to play an anime episode on the ANN video player but it won't play. Do I have to wait for the buffer to complete? Do I have to watch all of the ads to make it play?

It should be pretty obvious, it works like every other ad-supported video on the net. I'll PM you to help figure out what's going on.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
Subbed anime... meh lol

Wait, so the new episodes are subtitle only? Or only some of them? Well, pass for me then.

It's not that big of a deal though, pretty awesome that ANN is even doing this.
jsevakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Most will be subtitled, but there will be a mix. People need to stop being so picky, it's not like there's a ton of dubbed product to choose from these days.

We get what we can, in general. Most of those new titles that were announced don't even have dubs.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'll finally watch a complete series of Harlock and Galaxy Express. I love the character, but never have watch a full series or many eps. Yet from what little I have seen and what I've seen of the designs I simply love the character and world. Though I know there are a number of series, but I'll take whatever.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
We have a huge backlog of shows from Funi that we'll be posting over the next few months. Once we're caught up Funi will hopefully send us more. Be sure to let them know that we're your preferred way of watching streams! Smile

There are no FUNi series showing up for me on ANN so I guess they're all geolocked. Since Hulu is US-only and we're still blocked from FUNimation's own video portal, that leaves only Youtube as my option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Most will be subtitled, but there will be a mix. People need to stop being so picky, it's not like there's a ton of dubbed product to choose from these days.

We get what we can, in general. Most of those new titles that were announced don't even have dubs.

I can and will only speak for myself that I am personally greatful for all your hard work. Like I said earlier, I am sure the process of dong this large project isn't at easy and probably costs a ton of money.

That said though, it's impossible to please everyone. I know this all to well and from personal experience, it's a madding feeling. But you are doing work that I am sure tons of people will appreciate.

That doesn't justify most complaints and certainly doesn't mean that all complaints are unjustified. In a nut shell, ANN does work hard and people will always voice their opinions. Good and bad, and occasionally done in a bizarre fashion.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
1000+ Anime's to be streamed... 0 Anime's to be watched by me throughout the Summer...
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
Justin, I'd like to second the request for Cat's Eye. I caught an episode once-- might have been at some year's AWA in one of the old-school dedicated viewing rooms? --and always wanted to see some more. (Especially after watching the Kisarazu Cat's Eye drama, which has only the lightest referential relationship to the Cat's Eye manga, but hey, a reminder's a reminder.)

You know Cat's Eye has a little old skool cred to it when you see it referenced on Lucky Star. But yeah, it's a trippy old series to watch. The real challenge would be to ever see the second season... Wink
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Here's an idea. Since you got Nobody's Boy Remi, how about getting us Orguss, also? You know, so we can FINISH seeing it. Stupid DVD company bailing out half way through... [grumble, grumble]
jsevakis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
Here's an idea. Since you got Nobody's Boy Remi, how about getting us Orguss, also? You know, so we can FINISH seeing it. Stupid DVD company bailing out half way through... [grumble, grumble]

Will definitely be considered, especially if Remi does well. Believe me, nobody was more frustrated by that than me. I spent longer working on those discs than they spent in print.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 am Reply with quote
jsevakis: Well, I managed to get the discs in time, so thanks, man. It took my ass 15 years to finish Orguss until that ImaginAsian thing. Used to be irritated by it, partly cus of the USR dub, but after seeing it through to the end, it's managed to move up higher on my list above Mospeada and Southern Cross. Anyway, doubt it'll happen, but if you could, it'd be great if you could also stream Ashita No Joe and Aim for the Ace.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:30 am Reply with quote
I know this isn't a request thread, but what are the odds of you getting Saint Seiya (at least the latter half), and its OAVs streamed for countries where it wasn't licensed (US, Canada, UK, Australia, etc.)?
I don't know about Lost Canvas (which is a prequel of sorts), but by now I highly doubt any company over here or over there is interested in picking it up, so I'd be great to see it here, at ANN.
Turkishproverb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Now if only ANN could convince them to allow a POD DVD service for these shows.

Heaven knows, I'd pay POD price bracket for "seasons" of some shows (Galaxy Express and Harlock for example).

I'll definitely watch NBRemi, hopefully it'll support more such projects (heh. Maybe you guys and Bandai could go halfsies on the remaining gundam series).
RedLeader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Will definitely be considered, especially if Remi does well. Believe me, nobody was more frustrated by that than me. I spent longer working on those discs than they spent in print.

You worked on that? Wow... Jsevakis was lucky. I should've bought the WHOLE damned thing as soon as it was available but noooooooo! I wanted to be frugal! And buy it in segments... Ironically, I left off exactly where my VHS tapes ended... Anime cry

Heh. I was amused by the dub. Especially how two of the cast members are now big shots in the industry. :p That led me to start saying, "If you want a good dub, it's always going to have either someone from Robotech or Orguss in it. If you want a GREAT dub, it'll have people from BOTH!" Anime hyper Especially ironic considering the tentative links between Orguss and Macross. :p

In anycase, I guess I have no choice... I'll have to start watching Remi if only it'll lead to me FINALLY seeing the end of Orguss and getting some big questions I've always had answered! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7