• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amazon listing for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathstryker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if someone already posted this but I DID use the search feature. If there's a thread already for this, I'll delete mine.

Amazon lists it as being 350 mins. Since the S1 collection is also listed at 350 mins with 14 episodes, we can conclude that the S2 DVD Collection will also have 14 episodes which means it won't add any of the original episodes and we'll be getting all of Endless Eight.

Amazon Listing

This listing is not extremely new so this might be old news to some.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I want to be excited for this, I really do, but it's guaranteed to be delayed at least twice. Meaning it probably won't be out until early next year if we're lucky.

The optimism I have (and it's minuscule) is that'll have some form of premium packaging like a chipboard cover. The 4 discs and CD it includes leads me to believe this. Of course I'm probably wrong and it'll be the cheapest packaging we've ever seen with scanavo cases.

See Bandai? This is what happens when you screw over your consumers one too many times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

The optimism I have (and it's minuscule) is that'll have some form of premium packaging like a chipboard cover.

I'd like to see this as well, but I imagine it's very unlikely. No one uses chipboard anymore. I wish Funimation would make one for their Fullmetal and D Gray man Blu rays Smile.

I don't like the idea of paying 65 dollars for what is essentially 6 or 7 episodes. Endless Eight is the epitome of Bullsh*t.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
deathstryker wrote:
Amazon lists it as being 350 mins. Since the S1 collection is also listed at 350 mins with 14 episodes, we can conclude that the S2 DVD Collection will also have 14 episodes which means it won't add any of the original episodes and we'll be getting all of Endless Eight.

I haven't decided if I'll go my usual route, and buy from TRSI, or if I might buy it from Amazon. I'll do my part to keep Bandai afloat (helped by the fact that it's such a cheap release). I don't know if I'll ever rewatch all of Endless Eight, but I don't have any issues with owning the episodes. This release will be soooo much cheaper than what I paid for the LEs (R1 or R2) of the first series that I don't mind a few slightly repetitive episodes.

It's _very_ likely that I'll also be buying this version of Haruhi, though.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait. Wait at least for around 3 or 4 more delays.

Then, you can get excited.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
Great. Now when's Disappearance coming here? Smile
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:

I'd like to see this as well, but I imagine it's very unlikely. No one uses chipboard anymore.

I thought Nozomi still does.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:

I'd like to see this as well, but I imagine it's very unlikely. No one uses chipboard anymore.

I thought Nozomi still does.

Yeah... My Aria the Origination and MariMite Season 4 sets are in chipboard.

My Toradora! (pt 1) box is also chipboard.

It's going to be a long and painful wait for Haruhi in HD... ;_;
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
Great. Now when's Disappearance coming here? Smile

...Five delays following original announcement date! Laughing
Klampo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:25 am Reply with quote
Wow Amazon jumping the gun. You know no Bandai release date stands anymore!
SilverPhantom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 am Reply with quote
It'll get delayed without fail it's Bandai(nothing against them), I just hope there are no defect DVD's Bandai is a bit famous for that too.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote
So...should I end up getting both this and the boxset for S1 and try to figure out how to mix the episodes so I get the chronological order to watch them, or should I wait for the possible boxset release that has both seasons together that will hopefully have the episodes in that order?

I want to get this series, despite it being pretty much a total blind-buy for me, but I don't want to get myself completely confused watching episodes out of order from two different seasons, and if there is even the slightest chance of a boxset release of both seasons in one, I'd go for that before I'd go for two individual season sets.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I doubt they're gonna release a total package, at least not anytime in the near future since Bandai has been really late on box sets recently. Even if they did, it'd probably be really expensive. Personally, what I'm gonna do is download the episodes onto my computer and put them in order from there, but I can watch my computer on my TV so it works out great. If you don't mind watching anime on your computer or can link your TV and Comp up, that's what I'd suggest doing.

If you can't do that, then I don't think you lose much if you watch the first season then second season since the first is still jumbled up. Then again, I've seen the first season 6 times in three different orders, so I have a good idea of where the second season episodes would fit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind watching TV from my computer - it's really the only way I can do so since my DVD player is currently not hooked up in my room and my TV is old and about to go out so hooking it up currently is kinda useless anyway. Anime hyper

But if I don't lose much and won't get super confused watching the first season before the second, then I'll go for the two sets. -needs to save up-
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Waiting to see if a complete box set eventually comes out is not an option for me since I already own the first season and there's no way I'd double dip.

Kinda dreading the whole Endless Eight thing.

*sigh*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3