• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last 6 Monster Anime Episodes Premiere on Syfy Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
they should do a marathon
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means the ball will start rolling on the DVD releases.

I hope they are not seeing what Sony did with Blood+ and going... "Good idea!" Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thenextday

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's about time.

I still hate Syfy though. It was stupid to delay it in the first place.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
I feel kinda bad for not having watched it. When it started, I was too busy to watch. Once I had time, I forgot about it. By the time I remembered, it was about half-way done.

ANN is streaming most of it here so you can watch it dubbed at least, all I have to say is that everyone had better set their DVRs since it's that or itunes if you want to own any of this.

I noticed that. I really ought to hit that up since I'm always grumbling to myself how most of the streaming series only have the first few episodes available dubbed and the whole thing subbed. I'd like to be able to finish a show in my preferred language, too.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, me and my sis have always watched Monster together whenever it came on. In the past few months, though, she's headed out of state, and I don't know the next time I'll see here. I've never gone on ahead and watched them without here, but....I wanna see them....

Shit, the hell am I 'sposed to do, huh? Confused Eh, looks I'm gonna have to hold Monster off for a while.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Damn it, me and my sis have always watched Monster together whenever it came on. In the past few months, though, she's headed out of state, and I don't know the next time I'll see here. I've never gone on ahead and watched them without here, but....I wanna see them....

Shit, the hell am I 'sposed to do, huh? Confused Eh, looks I'm gonna have to hold Monster off for a while.

You could do what my mom and I did for '24.' We'd call each other at the start of the episode and discuss things during the commercial. Granted, I'm on my parents' cell phone plan so the call was always free, but it's something to consider.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ya finely get to watch the rest of it
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
I feel kinda bad for not having watched it. When it started, I was too busy to watch. Once I had time, I forgot about it. By the time I remembered, it was about half-way done.

ANN is streaming most of it here so you can watch it dubbed at least, all I have to say is that everyone had better set their DVRs since it's that or itunes if you want to own any of this.

I did set my DVR for the series. I made it up to episode 20, then accidentally erased the next 14 episodes, as I was nearly two months behind. It was sort of pointless to watch it after that. I will have to hope for another airing, or get the episodes off iTunes.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Now if only I can get my damn DVDs.... Evil or Very Mad

THIS! Mad

There's no reason why Viz can't release the rest of the DVDs, seeing how far along the dub is!
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote
The Dub has been finish has been for some time now! Viz just needs to get its stupid butt organized and actually release a proper box set for this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

I did set my DVR for the series. I made it up to episode 20, then accidentally erased the next 14 episodes, as I was nearly two months behind. It was sort of pointless to watch it after that. I will have to hope for another airing, or get the episodes off iTunes.

Like I pointed out, ANN has up to 61 here so that's pretty close to where the Syfy airing is and you could catch up to at least that. For me this is one of the series I really want to see subbed but if no sub streams pop up in a few months then I'll be watching the dub here.

And if some people want a 20th Century Boys anime can I put in a request for Pluto to get an anime? Please?
Hiro94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
hellz ya!finally watching it right now.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Now if only I can get my damn DVDs.... Evil or Very Mad

THIS! Mad

There's no reason why Viz can't release the rest of the DVDs, seeing how far along the dub is!

As jsc said, the dub has been finished for a while now (Patrick Seitz confirmed this while voicing his frustration toward Mangle & SyFy when the hiatus was announced) so it's just Viz being lazy as usual.
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 am Reply with quote
Welcome back Monster! How I missed thee.

You know, I can't help but wonder if perhaps dismal sales of the first box set has something to do with the delay. I get this feeling sometimes that at some point down the road, Viz is going to release a complete series set and those of us that bought the 1st set are going to have to double-dip.

This feeling I have mainly stems from the fact that there is only two B & M stores in my immediate area that offers Monster, and besides the set I bought on release day. not a single copy from either store has moved. Granted, this is not a scientific study, but I can't help but think it's an example that the sales are low.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't shake that bad feeling.
Baltimoron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
As jsc said, the dub has been finished for a while now (Patrick Seitz confirmed this while voicing his frustration toward Mangle & SyFy when the hiatus was announced) so it's just Viz being lazy as usual.

Laziness has nothing to do with it.

Viz already sank the money into the dub and is probably facing a substantial loss from it. Going forward with more DVD boxsets of the series might let them recoup some of that cash, but making that bet would require them to ante up even more dough to press and package the discs. It seems like Viz doesn't like the odds given that the first set came out something like ten months ago and that the follow up box doesn't even have a tentative street date. Viz clearly sees less capital-intensive digital distribution as a surer way to make back some of their money on a slow-moving, unmerchandiseable, title like "Monster."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2