• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marco77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
Ah right, the Berserk arc where Casca trades in her clothes for her new leaf outfit.

Hopefully those leaves are only for the commercial and not a sign of how many punches this new project is going to be pulling. Otherwise we'll be seeing a lot of leaves. And walkie-talkies.

The leaves were in the manga too:
[Links to illegal scanlation sites not allowed. Please post it on a hosting site and link to it there. - Keonyn]
Spoofer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I figured the scene in the commercial was from spoiler[the scene with Casca and Guts by the waterfall], rather than the one spoiler[before the 100-Man Slaughter]. I'd think the conifer leaves in the manga would provide more warmth than the maple leaves sporadically applied and looking really out of place in the commercial (which is why I didn't immediately recognize it as from that scene), but that's a minor issue I could certainly live with compared to an issue of needless censorship.

And obviously, as has been said before, a commercial is not necessarily indicative of the final product. It just struck me as an odd looking snippet.
marco77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope there is no censorship. If there is, I hope it's not too heavy. It would be hard to stay faithful to the manga if there is too much censorship.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
animehermit wrote:
hissatsu01 wrote:
A heavily censored Berserk doesn't sound very compatible with what the essence of Berserk is.

because Berserk is, at its heart all about the sex, violence, nudity and gore right?

... Have you not actually read the manga?

better question for you, did you actually understand it? Berserks' primary focus is the characters and the story. Believe it or not Berserk actually has themes, and a dynamic and interesting cast of characters. thats what makes Berserk compelling, not the gore or sex. you can spout off about all the violence, nudity and sex in the manga until your blue in the face, and it still doesn't change a thing. The original series didn't have that much outward nudity either, offhand i can recall maybe a handful of moments where we see a boob or whatever. I guess my point is, would i like it to be 1:1 with the manga in terms of all that? yes. would i mind if they censored out a few pieces? nope, not at all.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
3rd clip is up on the official site now.
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html
g0rth0r

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Good job guys ! Our voice has been heard and one of the latest post on the official twitter account reveal that they decided to post in English starting from next week due to the vast amount of foreigners followers.

They also said that next clip will be a recap of clip A,B,C, but GACKT narration will be different (and might contain some "hints").

Anyway, I've opened a blog for the only purpose to post anything related to that : http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/ on which I translate the latest Twitter posts and write various thing about the trailer, etc. So yeah, come take a look !
guitarist52692

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
g0rth0r wrote:
Good job guys ! Our voice has been heard and one of the latest post on the official twitter account reveal that they decided to post in English starting from next week due to the vast amount of foreigners followers.

They also said that next clip will be a recap of clip A,B,C, but GACKT narration will be different (and might contain some "hints").

Anyway, I've opened a blog for the only purpose to post anything related to that : http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/ on which I translate the latest Twitter posts and write various thing about the trailer, etc. So yeah, come take a look !

Awesome! Now we won't have to consult others to figure out what the twitter posts are about.
RedTail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Kitakubo is the director, huh? That gives me a lot of hope. Golden Boy, Roujin Z and Tale of Two Robots (Robot Carnival) are among some of my all-time favorites!
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
RedTail wrote:
Kitakubo is the director, huh? That gives me a lot of hope. Golden Boy, Roujin Z and Tale of Two Robots (Robot Carnival) are among some of my all-time favorites!

Kitakubo is directing?! That would be tremendously awesome news. Where exactly are you getting this from though?
Drunk_Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
Too bad they don't wait until the manga is finished. Regardless how many centuries that would take.

Too many anime get ruined by making their own endings.
RedTail

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
RedTail wrote:

Kitakubo is directing?! That would be tremendously awesome news. Where exactly are you getting this from though?

My mistake. I misread ANN's third update. Apparently he was just commenting on the production. I guess he's not involved.
g0rth0r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Fourth commercial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AhCmZ2bS5A

Like I said before, nothing new this time, except GACKT's narration that means something like : "Right now, a new history is about to be engraved".

Next and final (web exclusive) CM will be on the 5th.
g0rth0r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Last commercial featuring Skull Knight !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL4aTvcNqKo

Now that's some pretty animation.
guitarist52692

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Skull Knight! But we still don't know what the project will be!!!!
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

The fact that they didn't show three shots from the leaked images, opting instead to repeat two clips (...one of which was already repeated earlier...) further proves that there's a larger project than just this advertising campaign. Why go to the trouble of modelling Puck, etc., if you're not going to use them? It's not as if they couldn't have shown a gory scene in the web-exclusive ad... the same website has the first chapter of Berserk available for viewing.

Many are expecting an official announcement in the next issue of Young Animal, due to be released soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 15